CHAPTER ONE

Do you ever just have those days where everything seems off you don't know what it is but something is just off , that is exactly how I'm feeling .

I mean nothing special is going on today it's just my birthday which I'm not necessarily excited to be celebrating .

What's there to be excited about ? I'm one year older ....which just means technically I'm older than Edward which normally wouldn't be a big deal if he wasn't a vampire and is never going to age and get wrinkly and eventually die .

I woke up this morning with a few gifts from my mom and dad even though I told them I didn't want anything .

Currently I am at school in class thinking about how Alice is throwing me a birthday party which I also didn't want but quote "your birth is something to definitely celebrate" .

The day is nearing an end and as usual Jessica is talking my ear off and I'm not really paying attention muttering a few "ohs" and "cools"

I feel like Jessica knows I kinda don't care about most things she tells me but she doesn't care that I don't care.

The bell rings signaling the end of school and I walk to my truck. I see Edward standing by it waiting for me with a slight smile that you wouldn't notice unless you looked hard enough.

I approach him and go to the driver's side of my car I open the door and sit there while Edward comes and gives me a peck.

"Are you excited?" He asks already knowing the answer .  "Yea sure definitely " I reply looking at him with a small smile

He chuckles then kisses my forehead "I'll pick you up at your house later " he says then he walks away to his car .

I start my drive home just thinking again about how today is very off, like something weird is going to happen .

I arrive home and see that Charlie is still at work which is okay because he at work most nights when I come home .

I go to my room to see the dress that Alice did leave a dress on my bed it's green knee length with a small v cut .

I get in the shower and do my usual hygiene routine which took me about 30 minutes . I get out the shower and dry off and put on lotion then proceeded to try to do something with my hair because we all know if I don't Alice will have my head .

I put two braids at the top of my hair and Bobby pinned them to the back then proceeded to leave the rest in my natural curly state .

I put on my undergarments and then put on my dress with a small cover up . As for shoes I put on my converse that for sure will make Alice mad at me but we have to compromise and I refuse to wear heals .

Thirty minutes later and Edward is standing at my door wearing a nice dark suit he compliments me and we go to his house

While waiting to go in Edward explained to me a little of Carlisle's backstory which included a little bit about the volturi which is basically a government for vampires .

Alice came out and got us we walked through the door and saw everybody standing with their significant other at the bottom of the stairs just looking at us smiling with the exception of Rosalie .