Chapter 16

Ever since our official semestral break has started, it has been nothing but a total bore. It just feels so empty now that I'm not surrounded by my friends, or Cole. Every passing minute I always expect a call or even a text from him. I've already messaged him quite a few times but he still hasn't replied to any of them. But I stopped when I thought that maybe I was just bothering him. Then again, I thought that maybe this is what I deserve. There hasn't been a day where I don't think about what happened between us and the things I said to him.

Not knowing what else to do, I decide to watch The Fault In Our Stars again. Halfway into the movie my phone started to ring. I quickly find it underneath my blanket, hoping that it would be Cole. But to my dismay, it was Emily calling. I answer the phone "Hey"

"So tell me what happened" She says quickly getting into conversation. "I want you to tell me everything"

"What are you talking about?"

I hear her sigh through the phone "tell me about what happened between you and Cole"

Then I realized that I haven't told Emily about what happened yet. So that's exactly what I did. I told her everything, leaving no detail out.

"Jean, be honest with me." She says once I've finished "do you have feelings for Cole?"

I think about it for awhile. I've been asking myself the same question quite frequently now, but I can't seem to settle on a final answer.

"I don't know" I say weakly. "Ever since our fight I just didn't feel the same. Did you know that when I was Dylan, I didn't even feel that flustered. When we were together, all I kept thinking about was Cole."

"I knew this would happen." Emily said "but you know this can't happen right?"

"I know, I know" There was a hint of sadness in my voice. I know Emily is referring to Chloe. Cole made it very clear that he still loves her yesterday. And maybe I was right all along, every sweet thing he did for me was all just part of his tactics. And I fell for it.
But it's not like it was his fault or anything. It's all part of the contract I signed to not fall in love with him, or even have the slightest bit of infatuation.

"Did you apologize?" Emily asks.

"Well, not yet." I tell her "I messaged him a few times asking if we could meet up somewhere but he still hasn't replied"

"He'll come through" she says, then asks again "so how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, I guess. It's just a little bit lonely now"

I hear Emily scoff "have you forgotten about me already? I swear to god, we haven't hung out in like forever" I couldn't help but laugh. She was right, Even if we're always together at school sometimes, Emily and I haven't been out in quite a long time already where it was just the two of us. Then out of nowhere, my phone vibrated.

"Hold on. Someone texted" I check whoever it was and to my surprise, it was from Cole. "Emily, it's from Cole"

"Really?!" She gasps "what did he say?" I put Emily on speaker and check the message.

From: Cole

Get dressed, we're going somewhere

"He messaged me saying that I should get dressed" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?"

"I just says that we're going somewhere"

"Going where?" She asks.

"I don't know. He didn't say where"