16. Candy

A/N: I'm back with a double update as an apology for falling off the face of the Earth. I was taking some much needed me time but I'm back and I hope you all enjoy the updates!!

"Where the hell is her basket?" I exclaim as I search the apartment. "Josh" I shout making him appear in the doorway of Emma's room.

"What's up gorgeous?" he asks curiously.

"Have you seen her candy basket? The one she decked out in stickers?"

"Um" he says as he walks in and goes over to her closet. "This one?" he asks as I turn around to find him holding the basket.

"Yes" I exclaim as I reach for it. "What would I do without you?"

"You'll never know" he smiles as he gives me a quick peck. "You excited for trick or treat?"

"I'm excited to eat her candy after she goes to bed" I laugh as Emma appears in the doorway.

"That's stealing" she points out as she reaches for her basket.

"She's not wrong" Josh shrugs making me roll my eyes playfully.

"I'm sorry Em" I sigh as I kiss her forehead. "Mommy will go get her own candy."

"You can have the ones I don't want" she offers making me smile.

"Thanks baby girl" I smile as I take her hand. "Ready to go?"

"Can you grab Lambie?"

"Already on it" Josh smiles as he hands Emma her favorite stuffed lamb. "How about now?"

"Let's go" she exclaims as she runs towards the door.

*************************************************************************************

"I can't believe they're old enough to take trick or treating" Riley says as we walk side by side.

"I know. Remember their first Halloween? How we dressed them up as bees?"

"Aw they were so cute" she gushes. I catch the boys rolling their eyes but I ignore it as I continue to fawn over my kid with Riley.

"Emma offered me all her gross candy. She heard me telling Josh I was gonna eat her candy when she went to bed."

"That's your own fault" Riley laughs. "That's like talking about sticking money under their pillows while they're awake."

"You should know" I smirk. Lucas had accidently already told Lily that the tooth fairy wasn't real by doing that exact thing after she lost her first tooth. She was sworn to secrecy.

"Shut up" she laughs as we continue to walk around the neighborhood. We talk about random things like her pregnancy and my wedding until suddenly all conversation ceases.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me" I exclaim as I see Matt walking Dylan around the neighborhood.

"Emma" I call my daughter to me before she gets too far ahead, too close to him.

"What mommy?" she asks confused.

"I just want you by me" I smile softly.

"Okay" she smiles as she slips her hand into mine. Josh breaks away from Lucas and takes the other side of Emma.

"What is he doing here?"

"I have no idea."

"Maya. Josh" Matt smiles as he runs into us. "I didn't know you lived in Callie's neighborhood.