17. Baby

"Enjoy the holiday ladies?" Matt asks as he walks into the teacher's lounge the following Monday morning. A blush rises on my cheeks as I think of my extremely chocolatey shower with Josh.

"Immensely" I reply. "You see Callie?" I ask curiously.

"You seem to be very interested in my personal life" he replies as he leans against the wall. "Any particular reason?"

"Drew is my friend. I don't want him getting hurt, he's already sick he doesn't need to deal with a cheating girlfriend on top of it."

"Callie is only interested in one guy Maya and it's not me."

"If that's your way of suggesting that it's my man she wants then you just proved my point. For the record Josh isn't interested in Callie."

"Neither am I. So I guess he and I have that in common. Among other things" he smirks and suddenly I feel like wearing a sack to work for the rest of my life.

"You know you should be fired for sexual harassment" Riley points out. "Don't forget my uncle is the superintendent asshole" she spits angrily as she reaches for my hand. "Come on Maya."

My head is spinning as I follow her out of the teacher's lounge. I knew I wasn't stupid. I knew Callie wanted Josh but I was also sure he wasn't leaving me. Not willingly, the only way I would lose him would be if I did something stupid. Or if someone made it look like I had. My stomach churns as I reach my classroom.

"He's a dick" Riley says annoyed as she sits on top of one of the tables. "You okay?"

"Yea" I shrug.

"Very convincing."

"I'm fine. I think it'll be good to have a break soon. After Thanksgiving we have break not soon after. I just need some space from him."

"You need Josh time" she smirks as I laugh.

"I had plenty of that this weekend."

"Need I remind you that he's my uncle?"

"No" I laugh. "But he's my fiancé Riles."

"Look I know you have sex. I mean obviously. Hello. Emma. But I don't need details."

"I wasn't offering any" I reply defensively. "How are the twins?"

"Lily is starting to get jealous. We went out and bought some stuff this weekend for the nursery and she insisted she needed a crib."

"Yikes."

"Yea" she agrees. "It's a mess but I'm hoping things will be better when they get here."

"I hope Emma doesn't freak out when I get pregnant again."

"She's a total momma's girl. She's gonna be a handful."

"Thank you so much for that Riles" I laugh as the bell rings.

"Back to work" she sighs. "See you later."

"Later."

*************************************************************************************

"Hi mommy" Emma exclaims as she climbs into the car.

"Hey baby girl" I smile as I watch to make sure she straps in. When I'm sure she's set I pull out of the parking lot and start towards home. "How was your day?"

"Boring" she sighs. "I missed you and daddy. This weekend was fun."

"I'm glad you thought so" I smile. "Even though you found out your mom is a candy burglar."

"Yea" she replies. "I still had fun. I like being with you and daddy. I have to have you now because the new baby is gonna steal you."

"What new baby?" I ask as I lock eyes with her in the mirror.

"Lily told me that you're gonna have a baby like Aunt Riley" she says seriously. "She doesn't like babies."

"What about you? Are you still okay as long as you can keep your room?"

"I have another rule" she announces as we pull up to the loft.

"Oh yea? Okay what's that?" I ask as I turn around to look at her once we're parked.

"I get at least one hour with you and daddy without the baby." I smile as I nod.

"I think we can do that no problem baby girl" I smile. "So you're still okay with another baby?"

"Yep" she smiles. "Can I name it?"

"Depends" I laugh as I come to let her out of her car seat. "What are some of your ideas?"

"Sparkles" she replies as I let her out of the car and walk her into the building.

"Um" I reply carefully. "Any other ideas?"

"Lily" she exclaims making me laugh as I open the door to the loft.

"How about we but those in our back pockets for now" I suggest with a laugh as I shut the door behind us. "And why are you so sure you're getting a sister?"

"Because boys have cooties" she explains as if this should be obvious.

"What about daddy?" I ask as I sit beside her on the couch.

"He's daddy. He doesn't count" she continues to explain. "Can I have my piece of candy now?"

"Sure" I laugh as I reach for her bucket under the table.

"You can have one too mommy" she says making me smile as I reach into the bucket.

"Thanks kiddo" I smile as I kiss the top of her head. "Love you baby girl."

"Love you too mommy."

*************************************************************************************

"I talked to Emma about me getting pregnant again" I tell Josh as we settle onto the couch later that night after I have Emma down for the night.

"And how did that go?"

"So on top of the no sharing room rule she has also asked for one baby free hour a day" I explain making him smile.

"Our kid is gonna be a lawyer someday" he laughs lightly.

"Probably" I laugh. "And she wants to name it Lily or Sparkles."

"Why not both? Lily Sparkles Matthews. Sounds pretty perfect."

"I do a lot of things with Riley but I am not naming my kid the same thing. Plus what if it's a boy?"

"Lily of course" he teases making me hit him playfully. "So it seems to me the only thing that still needs to happen is I have to get you pregnant. All the other things seem to be taken care of."

"No babies yet" I protest playfully. "Oh there is something I gotta tell you though."

"What?"

"I'm almost one hundred percent sure that Matt wants me and Callie is definitely still into you."

"In other new the sky is blue" he laughs. "Babe I almost punched that asshole in the face on Halloween for the way he was undressing you with his eyes."

"What about Callie? Are you admitting I was right?"

"Aren't you always right?"

"Yes" I laugh.

"Exactly" he smiles as he pecks my lips. "They're idiots" he shrugs. "What matters is us. That's all that's ever mattered."

"I can't wait until July" I smile.

"Only nine more months. If I got you pregnant now the new baby could come to the wedding" he exclaims making me laugh as I shake my head.

"No babies" I repeat playfully.

"Can we at least practice?" he asks making me laugh as I lean in to kiss him.

"Then sleep because I have to stay after for that art show tomorrow."

"Whatever you want baby" he smiles as we climb off the couch and stumble into the bedroom.