Chapter Two - The Soldier of Cake O'Clock

Violet

"You didn't do it on purpose?!" Lizzy scoffed as soon as we are both inside the taxi cab which took us an hour to do because she still gave me a long lecture in the airport. "I can't believe a brat and liar like you is my boyfriend's sister!"

I kept on telling her that I didn't plan to make her wait, but she is not listening to any of it! This is why you shouldn't put us together or else we would always end up fighting. I think my brother still has this tiny hope that Lizzy and I's relationship will bloom, but nuh-uh. That's never going to happen.

"If you don't want to believe me, then go. Believe whatever you want to believe, I don't care." I gave in. I'm too tired to debate with her. "Just drop me off at my shop."

"And who said I was going to drop you off?"

This witch.

"My brother. If you don't then I'll try to ruin your relationship with my brother because as you said a while ago, I. am. a. brat." I answered back as I crossed my arms in front of my chest, trying to be an asshole as much as possible to get on her nerves.

Speaking of chest...

Ugh! That Cookie guy! I'm still not done with him and when I see him again, I will really make sure that he's going to pay for it. I will-

"Violet! Are you even listening to me?!" Lizzy sounded like she was so ready to pull my hair and make me bald.

"What were you saying?" I simply asked not giving a care at all if she was really saying something to me. I'm busy thinking of a plan to get back to that guy... if ever we're going to meet again.

"Ugh! Nevermind, I'm going to die because of you!" She ranted as she grabbed her hair in frustration and finally leaved me alone.

"Thanks for the ride, Lizzy!" I sarcastically said as I get out of the taxi cab. "I just realized that you are not that bad."

"Ugh, whatever! Just get out and never show that face of yours ever again." She replied, not looking at me. I guess she's mad because she still believes that letting her wait was my plan. Anyway, on the brighter side, I could already see my sweet, lovely baby.

Nope, you're thinking the wrong thing. I am not yet a mother. I still dont even have a boyfriend!

"Cake O'Clock." I sighed with so much contentment as I look at the bake shop my friend and I made. After we graduated from college, the money we saved up ever since high school was all put into this. Sonia and I love sweets and baking so much ever since we were young and it really made us happy during the times we were down and we hope that the cakes we bake make people happy as well.

As I push the glass door open, I noticed that the paper Sonia posted on the door is gone. We are currently looking for an all-around employee and I guess she already found one.

When I got in, I was greeted by the delicious smell of cakes and sweets and the cozy place I treat as my second home.

"Vio! You're here!" Sonia greeted excitedly as she summon me to the counter. "Come here, I have something to tell you."

I didn't get why she suddenly whispered, but I just shrugged it off and went to her.

"What's up?" I asked as I took a sip from her mug and settled my stuff on the counter.

The shop was fully occupied which was good and this is actually the reason why we needed some extra help.

"You have no idea who is going to be our first employee." She told me with so much eagerness as her eyes widen. "If you ask me to give one word to describe him, it would be: H-O-T. Hot!"