Chapter Ten - What. Is. This. Feeling.

Violet

It was two in the morning when the police finally dismissed us. They made sure that they will take care of those men. I'm really tired and I didn't expect that it would take this long to settle things in the police station. After a few hours, the shop will be opening up soon, but looking at Indigo and considering our current situation, we must be really exhausted and Sonia isn't helping at all.

She kept on saying things which doesn't make any sense at all and I'm struggling to support her walk straight because I didn't know she got this heavy!

"I'm sorry for the trouble we have caused you." I finally said as soon as we were on the last steps. "Thanks for the help and I'm giving you a day off. You don't have to work later."

"You don't have to apologize." He replied and as much as I wanted to see his face, I couldn't because he was looking down and it's really dark. "It's okay, I can go to work later. I didn't do anything but sleep the whole Sunday."

I honestly didn't know what to say. I wanted to insist but thinking about him without there is a nightmare. I know for myself that Sonia and I cannot handle the shop without him now that we're having a lot of customers already, but he's obviously lying. He is exhausted as much as I am. Maybe I could open up the shop at 12pm or something so we could all have a good rest before starting the day in the shop.

"I'm planning to open the shop at 12am or later than that." I said, still struggling with Sonia who is now murmuring stuff I couldn't comprehend. "We must all be tired from what happened."

"Yeah." Indigo agreed and after that, we both fell silent as we walk further away from the police station.

So how do I even say goodbye? Do I just say it or what? Or should I lighten the mood with a joke or something about how we fought together? Ugh, why am I even worrying about this when I could just simply dismiss myself and Sonia from him and finally head home?

The next thing I know, he cleared his throat and placed his hands inside his pockets. "Uhm... where do you guys live? I'll take you home." He offered and it was clear that it took him a lot of effort to say that.

"We live in this direction and it's not that far." I found myself replying as I point to my right. Sonia and I's house are just near each other and the police station as well. "You saw me fight a while ago, I can handle it. You better go home and rest."

"Oh, I also live in that direction." He responded and now I could see his face clearly as soon as we reached a lamp post. "It's better if I take you guys home. So which house goes first?"

Once again, I find myself having a hard time to reply. I didn't know what to say so I just nodded until I realized he has asked something. "Sonia's house goes first and it's really near here."

Suddenly, the burden from guiding Sonia was gone when Indigo placed her other arm around his shoulders. "Let me help you with this."

"Thanks. I didn't know she was this heavy." I said as I stretch my arms and then go back to helping him with Sonia.

"Is it okay if I just carry her?" He suddenly asked and it was hard for me to see him because Sonia was in between us. "I think she's too drunk to walk."

"Are you su-" Before I could even ask if he was sure, I see my friend getting lifted and I was suprised to see how Indigo carried my friend from his back as if he was just carrying something light.

Oh yeah, right. I almost forgot that he works in the army. They must have a lot of strenuous work there which made my friend a piece of cake.

We just dropped off Sonia and her mother will definitely kill her as soon as she wakes up by just how she reacted. Now it was Indigo and myself.

"So which street do you live?" I finally asked, breaking the silence or should I say the awkward atmosphere between us.

It took him a couple of seconds to reply and it was obvious that he thought about it really hard.

"Australia street!" He finally answered as if he just saw something that made him remember the street. I looked at the direction where he was facing a while ago and to my surprise it's a signboard indicating that we're now on America street. But... I know everyone from that street. I'm from the Philippines street and cross my heart hope to die, I know every single one living in those two streets.

I start to feel that there's something off going on here.

I can sense something and it's making me more curious. Indigo definitely doesn't live somewhere near hear. He obviously doesn't know the name of the streets in my location, but I keep myself quiet.

"Welcome to my house." I finally said as I stop my track in front of my house. "Thanks for accompanying me. You didn't have to... you know."

"It's okay and as I said before, I live near here." He replied and it became more clear that he definitely does not live near here because he has no idea that his so called street is just beside mine. "Uhm... bye! See you tomorrow, I guess."

I awkwardly smile at him and wave him goodbye. As soon as he turned away, I quickly rush inside my house and peep out the window.

And there he was, going back to where we have been.

Wait...

What. The. Hell. Is. This. Feeling.

Author's Note
OMG DID HE REALLY HAVE TO WALK A LONG WAY JUST TO MAKE SURE THE GIRLS WERE SAFE?

Btw, sorry for the loooooong wait. I was really busy huhuhu