Chapter Nine - Vio for Violence not Violet

Violet

It's Sunday which means no work. It's 12am and I'm currently binge watching kdramas with different sorts of junk food surrounding me.

I was currently enjoying my time until my phone rang which ruined it. It was Sonia commanding me stop being a sloth and go out with her.

"I'm not being a sloth! I'm being productive right now as I binge watch and eat." I defended my self as I pop a chip inside my mouth.

"You can do those things later!" She insisted, prolonging the "er" part of "later". "Now get your ass down here! I'm outside your apartment building. Don't let me catch a cold again."

I groaned as I got up from my bed. I didn't bother changing my pajamas and just wore a coat and pair of slippers.

"I'm going out for a while." I told my brother who is currently busy watching a basketball game. "I'll be home before mom goes back."

"Alright. Stay safe." He replied, not bothering to look at me as he continued to watch.

I left the apartment and met Sonia in the lobby who is wearing a mini skirt at this time. Seriously?!

"What took you so long?" She whined as we walk out of the apartment building.

"What the hell? It only took me 30 seconds!" I protested. "Where are we going anyways and why are you wearing that?"

"I want some chicken and soju." She answered, not minding my other question which led me to remove my coat and wrap it around her waist and all of a sudden, Indigo popped into my mind.

Oh my god, Violet?! Why are you thinking about that again?!

"Why?" I supervised, trying to remove the incident two days ago in my mind and focus on Sonia. "Did you and Shawn fight again?"

Whenever she had a fight with her boyfriend, she always invite me to drink and eat chicken with her. She said that it makes her feel better and let me tell you, they fight almost every day.

"No! Of course not!" She objected. "I just want to have fun tonight with you only so come on, let's go to our favorite restaurant!"

Well, there's this famous chicken and soju restaurant nearby which is our favorite place to eat whenever we're heartbroken over a kdrama and our love life or we just feel like eating and drinking. It's called Chiju like a ship name for chicken and soju (rice liquor).

There were a lot of people and drunk men when we reached the area. We took our seats and called for a waiter.

We ordered our usual order which is barbeque chicken with a pail of soju. I just ate a lot of junk food, but here I am with a grumbling stomach as our food arrived.

I was already on my fourth chicken and second bottle of soju when I noticed a body of a man approach the side of my friend. I lift my head to see who it was.

"Indigo?"

"Violet?"

"Sonia?!" Indigo and I exclaime in unison.

"What?!" She asked, obvious that she's already tipsy. "Didn't I tell the two of you that we're going to have a celebration?"

I do not remember her telling me that she invited Indigo a while ago though. Ugh, what is this girl planning, huh???

"Come! Sit and eat with us! The chicken here is the best!" Sonia tapped the seat beside her and gave him a bottle of soju.

Indigo was quite shy and hesitant at first, but ended up sitting anyways. I kind of felt something awkward in him as I took a glimpse.

"What is this celebration for?" He finally opened his mouth and asked.

"We're celebrating because Violet is finally going to have a boyfriend!!!" Sonia announced joyfully as she raised her bottle of soju.

"WHAT?!" Indigo and I exclaimed in unison due to shock.

"Why are you guys so taken aback? I was just joking around!" Okay that's it, my friend had enough soju for tonight.

I immediately apologized for my friend's behavior. "She sucks at drinking."

"Indigo!" She called him out as she laid a hand on his shoulder. "Do you perhaps have a girlfriend?"

What the hell?

What is up with Sonia asking that question to him, out of the blue??? Oh yeah, she's drunk. She speaks nonsense whenever she drinks, but on the other hand, why am I suddenly nervous for his answer?

Sonia was already resting her head on the table until she lifts her head again and faced Indigo. First, she told him that I was the one who was weak when it comes to drinking and then changed the subject into something we couldn't comprehend.

That's it, she's completely drunk. I have to take her back home before something else happen.

"Once again, I'm sorry about Sonia." I apologized for the second time as I look at Indigo. "I think we should get going. We still have work-"

Before I could finish my sentence, a drunk guy approached us and draped his arm over my friend's shoulders. I noticed that he came from the group of drunk men.

"Look what we got here!"

"Remove your hands from my friend." I muttered with gritted teeth. I immediately stand up from my chair and the next thing I know, my hand started to clench into a fist.

"Oh look! We also have a kid here!!! Aren't you too young to be he-"

I can't help but scream as soon as I saw Indigo throw a punch on the drunk guy which caused the guy to fall. His punch was so hard that the guy screamed in pain which made his companions notice.

Oh no.

They're all standing up from their chairs with their eyes glaring at us as if they would kill us with their bare hands.

I can hear the other customers panicking while my unconcious friend is scolding her soju bottle.

Way to go, Sonia!!!

I massaged and stretched my hands and legs, preparing myself. I won't allow someone who touched my best friend and... called me a kid get away with this.

I can now see Indigo in his fighting position, looking prepared to teach these guys a lesson, but of course, I won't let him do it alone and just sit here to watch.

"Violet, step away!" He commanded, not looking at me as he focused on the men going to our way.

"No, I'm fighting with you." I insisted, preparing my fighting position.

I'm a black belter in Taekwondo ya'll!!!

As soon as it began, I started kicking and punching these men with all my Taekwondo skills while Indigo was also fighting beside me. I never imagined that all my Taekwondo lessons will be used in this kind of situation.

The next thing I'm aware of, my knuckles are aching as hell and the police has finally (FINALLY!!!) arrived. Taming these drunk men was so difficult because they were so aggressive and big.

I find myself breathing so hard as well as Indigo. We were both gasping for air due to all the physical things we just did. I could feel my heart pumping so hard, hitting my rib cage. Sweat was also everywhere my body.

Suddenly, a plastic bottle of water was placed in front of my eyes and when I checked who offered it, it was Indigo who has now settled his uneven breathing.

"You know what?" He asked and I just looked at him for him to go on. "Vio doesn't stand for Violet. It stands for Violence."

And once again, I see him smile and I smiled back before getting the bottle.

Author's Note
AHHHHH KYEOPTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA