Chapter Eight - Violet Meets Indigo

Narrator

Violet talked to Sonia the whole night, forgetting that her friend was sick. She just couldn't keep what had happened the whole day without her friend to herself.

No matter how weak Sonia felt, she was amused on how her friend reacted and thought that hearing her friend's voice would make her feel better.

When Sonia brought Indigo to their conversation, she was surprised to hear a scream on the other end.

"Why didn't you tell me what his name was?!" Violet complained which made her giggle. "All along, I thought his name was-"

"Bye! I gotta go! Talktoyoulatermwah!" Sonia said in one breath because she felt like vomiting again and she didn't want her friend to worry about her.

Violet can't help but curse when her friend hung up on her. "Then what is his name?" She thought as she start to lie down on her bed.

It was another day and Violet decided to open the shop at ten because she was so tired. She made sure to post a note on the glass door before she left last night to inform her customers.

Her apartment was just nearby that's why she always walk going to work. As she saunter her way to the shop, she realized that she's being too sensitive and easily irritated which caused her to sigh. She's going to have her period again which is one of the things she dislike besides being called a "kid" or a "noona".

As soon as she arrived in her shop, she opened her bag to get the keys and noticed that she didn't have napkins anymore. She decided to buy herself pads first because having a stain is the most disastrous thing that could ever happen to her.

"Hey, where are you going?" It was Indigo which made her turn and see him sitting on one of the steps. "I've been here since six."

Violet suddenly brought her hand to her forehead due to exasperation. She forgot to tell Indigo her plan that's why. She can't believe he waited for four hours outside the shop.

"I'm sorry, but didn't you see the post I made?" She asked him and Indigo just gave her no reactions at all.

"What are you talking about?" Indigo questioned her.

Violet was astounded and checked the glass door where she posted the note and noticed that it fell on the floor... upside down.

"Ugh, my post fell that's why you weren't able to see it." She reasoned out. "I'm sorry if you waited for four hours." She really meant it, but she really had to get her pads before she gets a stain and ruin the whole day.

"It's okay. I'm used to waiting, anyway." Indigo replied, calmly, not giving a care if he just sat on one of the stairs and did nothing. "Where were you going?"

Violet was hesitant if she should tell but ended up saying it. "I'm going to the grocery. If you want you can open the shop already. I'm just going to be fast."

Deep inside, she was chanting "just say okay" because it would be embarrassing for him to see her buy scented napkins.

"Nah. I'll just go with you. I don't know what I would do if a customer arrives."

Violet felt that she was dead. She was worrying how she could buy those napkins when he's tagging a long.

"If you say so... Let's go." She ended up saying and walked ahead. After a few seconds, Indigo catch up on her.

He just saw something and he didn't know what he'll do. No matter how awkward his next action would be, he ended up removing his jacket and tied it on Violet's waist.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" She asked trying to remove his arm from her waist but he tightened it. Now they looked like they were back-hugging.

He rested his chin on her shoulder and immediately whispered to her ear "You got a stain.".

Violet felt her cheeks heating up and she was sure that her face has turned to a tomato.

Indigo finally removed his arms after tying his jacket on her waist which made her breathe properly again.

Indigo noticed how embarrassed she was which made him smirk.

"It's okay, I'm not disgusted or anything at all. It's just small and I've seen more bloody stuff." He tried to cheer her up and somehow, it made her feel better. She thought all people would feel disgusted when they see a girl having blood stain.

"Thank you." She mumbled.

They continued to walk again and this time it was also getting awkward for Indigo.

"I can't believe you thought my name was Cookie." He cut the silence between them, still with a serious tone.

"I know, it's embarrassing and I just realized last night why you were called Cookie by another soldier. Each soldier has a code name, right?" Violet responded, trying to calm herself because she was already embarrassed a lot of times with this guy witnessing every single thing. She can't even lift her head to face him especially that he has seen her stain.

"Yep, we all have code names and I chose Cookie because I wanted mine to be unique and stand out from everyone else's." He replied, looking down at her who is occasionally trying to hide her face with her hair. He thought that she was cute (yasss) and he had to see her face closer. "You know what? We haven't introduced ourselves to each other in a proper way yet."

"I'm Indigo and I'm a soldier."

Violet was shocked to hear that from him and tried her very best to lift her face to respond.

Indigo?! His name was Indigo as in the color??? She thought which made her cheeks redder.

"I'm V-Violet and... I'm a baker." She finally had the will to raise her face.

"Wooow! Would you look at that, we were both named after colors from the rainbow!" He responded, this time with enthusiasm which was Violet's second time to see him smile. On the other hand, he noticed that Violet hasn't applied make up yet and thought that she was prettier without it.

Violet didn't know what to feel after discovering his name and before she could say anything, Indigo opened his mouth and spoke.

"So why did you choose to be a baker?" He finally asked the question which has been lingering in his mind.

"I enjoy it especially when I make my customers happy." Indigo liked her answer, but didn't show it. He wished he could also say her answer as a reply if ever he was asked.

"So why did you choose to be a soldier?" This time, it was Violet's turn to interrogate.

"I didn't really know what I wanted, so I decided to join the army and become a soldier." He answered something he has been telling to anyone who asked which was partially true.

"Is that all? That's impossible." Now Violet was becoming comfortable with him, forgetting how embarrassed she was a while ago. "Do you perhaps find blood and killing enjoying?"

Indigo smirked at her last question and made him deeply think for the right and honest answer for her questions.

He knew deep inside that he wanted to forget his problems and live a risky life because he didn't feel like living anymore. He wanted to die.

"Aren't you afraid of your life whenever you're in a bloody battlefield?" Violet interrupted his thoughts, forgetting how rude her question was (because she's like doubting his capabilities). "How about the ones waiting for you?"

"Why would I be afraid when no one's waiting?"

Author's Note
OH MY GOD THAT ENDING DOE???????????????? BOOM! SO HOW WAS THIS CHAPTER??? pls comment huhu i timed myself for the first time while making this chapter and it took me 54 minutes (with little breaks)

ANYWAY, ISNT INDIGO SWEET HERE???