Chapter 8

So here it is Chapter 8! Thank you to AgentBelle-97 for her hard work, and I hope you aced you Law midterm!

Let's us know what you think!

****

The kick to his injured ribs woke Jay up and he did his best to keep his groan of pain to himself as his eyes adjusted to the dark. The clock on his bedside showed the time to be 3:15am. Jay found himself turning back onto his other side, and that was when he saw his daughter thrashing around. Jay immediately turned on the lamp on his beside, and as he did so, Erin woke up, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"Jay?" She asked, and that was when she caught sight of Sophia. Her eyes widened, all the sleep gone suddenly, and she looked at Jay worriedly.

Jay ignored the pain that shot up his body as he moved closer to Sophia and gently picked her up in his arms. Her wild thrashing did not ease straight away, and Jay noticed how tears were streaming down her face, but she wasn't awake. His heart broke, because he knew exactly what she was going through.

"Hey Angel," Jay cooed softly, pressing his lips to his daughter's sweaty forehead. "Daddy's here. Wake up, baby."

Sophia's tears continued to flow as she flailed her arms and legs, her knee hitting Jay's chest one again. Erin watched with concern, as Jay did his best to ignore the pain and focus on waking Sophia up. Finally Erin scooted closer to her boyfriend, and she pressed a kiss to Sophia's head.

"Muffin, it's okay," Erin whispered comfortingly."Daddy and I are both here. Come on, baby, you can do it. Wake up."

Sophia's eyes soon opened, and she blinked, and her eyes adjusted to the light in the room. When she saw Jay, she jumped up in his arms and hugged him tightly, her face buried in his shoulder. Jay hugged her tightly, rubbing his hand up and down her back, while Erin stroked Sophia's hair. Sophia just sobbed continuously.

Jay held her, but his eyes landed on Erin, and they both looked worried. What was happening? What had Sophia been dreaming about? Clearly it was something horrible since she was badly affected by it.

After what seemed like ages, Jay felt Sophia stop crying and he gently pulled her away from him, to look her in the eyes. Though still wet with tears, her blue eyes started back into Jay's. "What happened, Angel?"

Sophia remained silent, her body still shaking. Erin took a shot. "Baby, do you want to tell us what happened in your bad dream?"

Sophia shook her head, yawning slightly. "I sleepy."

Even though Jay was anxious and desperately wanted to know what was troubling his daughter, he could see how sleepy she truly was, and decided it was best if she didn't stay up longer. "Okay, get some sleep, Sophie," Jay advised, laying her back in between himself and Erin.

Sophia clutched Jay's hand. "Daddy, don't go, please stay."

"I'm right here, Angel," Jay assured his daughter, leaving a kiss on her tiny nose. "And so is Erin. Okay? We're right here."

"We aren't going anywhere, Muffin," Erin added, kissing Sophia's forehead.

Sophia nodded, satisfied that both her daddy and Pretty Lady Erin wouldn't be going anywhere. Finally Sophia fell asleep again, her body curled up between Jay and Erin.