Chapter 11

This chapter is dedicated to Lexi. Me and Belle would like to thank Lexi for her constant support and commentary she has given us since she began reading She's a Halstead. Not only has she cheered us both up over the past few weeks she has also been a great friend. Thank you Lexi. We love you!

Here's Chapter 11 AgentBelle-97

****

True to Will's word, Jay had been discharged from med the following evening. Sophia had spent her first day back at school playing and talking which had been music to Jay's ears, he had been concerned that his daughter would feel alone when she returned to school.

Though the past three days had been a nightmare for Jay and Sophia's family, Jay was finally glad to be leaving the hell he called the hospital to go home. That's where he was now, walking into his two bed apartment, with his angel and his girlfriend.

"Couch, now," Erin ordered as soon as they walked into his apartment. "Will's orders."

Walking up the stairs had been too much of a task for Jay, though he didn't like to admit it and Jay being typical Jay refused to use the lift, not only tiring himself out but also tiring Sophia and Erin in the process.

Jay raised an eyebrow at Erin as he hugged his ribs carefully. Ignoring the 'don't mess with me' look he received in return he made his way to the sofa.

"I'm gonna make something to eat," Erin called back to Jay as she headed towards the kitchen area and a tired Sophia lingered at the doorway.

"Daddy, uncle Will is a doctor, maybe you should listen to him, " Sophia pointed out. "Can you read me a book?"

"Of course, Angel," Jay quickly agreed as he lowered himself to the sofa, watching his daughter's retreating figure head towards her room, her little feet connecting with the floor with a patter.

The sound soon returned, but it wasn't slowing down.

Erin turned as she heard the sound, her voice rising a little. "Sophia! Watch your daddy, Muffin."

Sophia came to a sudden halt, her body lunging forward as she tried to stop in time. Her head bowed quickly. "Sorry, Mommy."

Jay watched his daughter's lip quiver. He wasn't sure if it had been because Erin had reminded her to be careful with a slight raise of voice or if it had been because Sophia had realised she was close to hurting her father.

"It's okay, Angel. What have you got to read then?" Jay spoke softly, smiling over to Erin who had a sad look on her face.

Sophia's smile brightened as she lifted the book she had picked up so her daddy could see. "Tinkybell! " she squealed excitedly, bouncing up and down in the spot where she stopped.

"Uh oh. Here it goes," Jay chuckled and waved his daughter over. "Come on, come sit with Daddy." Sophia carefully jumped on the couch and nestled into her daddy's side.

Erin had made food for the three, a simple bolognese, something they would all eat. She had been watching Jay and Sophia from afar, wondering who would be the one to fall asleep first.

"Jay, Muffin, dinner," she called from the stove. When she didn't hear anything in reply, she wandered over to the living area where they both seemed to be falling asleep. She had to suppress a chuckle at what seemed to be Jay mumbling the sentences of Peter Pan and the tale of the child that never grew up. Erin maneuvered towards the pair, using her hand to shake Jay awake and whispered words to Sophia encouraging them to get some food.