Chapter Five

No going back now. I'll just have to call John in the morning and explain why I couldn't make it. Niall just nodded slightly before turning back around and walking down the stairs. 

Following close behind, I said, "Why don't I just sleep on the couch? I'd feel bad taking your bed."

Once back in the living room, Niall plopped the blanket and pillow onto the couch and turned to look at me again. "It's fine, Harry." 

I shook my head, pushing him aside softly as I sat on the couch, quickly pulling the blanket over my cold body and laid down.

Niall chuckled as I snuggled into my makeshift bed. He picked up the remote from the coffee table and switched off the bright screen. 

"I hope I don't get blood on your couch," I said.

I looked up and saw Niall standing there smiling. "I never liked that one anyways."

We both shared a laugh before I felt him place a hand on my hair softly, as if he was hesitating.
He pulled back quickly and reached above me to switch off the standing lamp, the living room suddenly being washed into darkness. Only a small light from the kitchen barely made Niall's angelic face visible. 

"Will you be here in the morning?" I heard him say quietly. 

I hesitated before answering, "I don't know."

I heard him sigh. I sat up a bit and propped myself up on one elbow.

I used my other hand to reach out to Niall's jeans pocket where I noticed the outline of an iPhone as well. I pulled it out slowly, hearing his breathing waver. 

I unlocked it and went straight to his contacts, adding my name and number to his phone. I looked up at him as I handed it back. 

"If I'm not here in the morning, text me."

I saw him nod before he whispered, "goodnight, Harry."

His voice gave me goosebumps all over my body. I blushed and smiled, remembering that he probably couldn't see me in this lighting. "Goodnight," I said back. 

He turned away from the couch and disappeared from sight. I heard his footsteps go through the kitchen and soon the creaking sound of the stairs was present, too.

I rested myself down on my back and let my eyes flutter closed, pulling the blanket further up my body.

---------------------------

I felt a constant vibrating from under the covers. My eyes shot open at the uncomfortable feeling on my leg, but soon just realized it was my phone. 

I reached down into the blankets and pulled it out of my pocket, seeing John's caller ID on the screen. I groaned and unlocked it, putting it to my ear. 

"I'm sleeping," I mumbled. 

"It's past dawn, where's my money?" He spat coldly. 

I opened my eyes fully and noticed the room was bright with sunlight. 

"I slept in," I said, sitting up and removing the warm blanket from my shirtless body. 

"Well hurry up and get down here or I'll just have to come find you," John said coldly. "I don't think you'd want that." 

I gulped as my heart rate sped up a bit. "I'll be there in a half hour," I said before hanging up. 

I jumped up from the couch and realized I couldn't go anywhere without a shirt. I murmured a curse to myself and quietly crept through the living room and kitchen.