archie ☼ leave (2)

UNEDITED

a few years later

archie

I drag my suitcase, on the floor of the airport. I soon got out and there I saw Dad, smiling at me, holding up a sign that says. "Archie Andrews".

I quicken my pace and got to him, giving him a hug. We pull away, I glance at his sign, "Didn't think I'd notice you, Dad?" I teased

He shook his head, smiling. "Well you didn't exactly come home often, now did you?" he teased back.

"Leave. Forget about me. Move on. Don't ever come back"

I felt my heart clench, remembering that day.

"Uh, yeah sorry about that" I apologized

We pack my suitcase in the trunk of the car, I sat in the front seat with Dad in the driver's seat. We soon make our way home.

I stare out of the window, studying the place I grew up, the place I became who I am today.

It's like nothing changed at all.

We passed by Y/N's house, I bit my lip, feeling at tug on my heart.

I can't believe myself, being such a jerk saying those things to her. I left her for my future, I told her that once I step foot on Brandenburg Music Academy, I'd forget her— but the exact opposite happened, and instead, she never left my mind.

I found myself drifting off to the thought of her, if she still loved me, if I ever crossed her mind like how she crosses mine.(do i ever cross your mind? shawn mendes is my babe)

I thought of coming back to her, to apologize, but my fear of her hating me, overcome the thought.

And a blink later, I was done with my scholarship, I was off to college. But that's when I thought enough was enough— that it was time to come back to Riverdale.

I planned on dropping off at her house, and to deliver my ever so perfect speech, which I have yet to thought of. F*ck it.

After a few hours, I found myself at her front door, holding bouquet of flowers.

I lifted my fist to knock.

Don't ever come back

I lower my fist, and bit my lip.

Screw it

I knocked on the door, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck,

I hear footsteps as my heart raced. The front door was opened.

"Archie?"

Y/N's mom started at me in confusion. I wave. "Uh hey Mrs. Y/L/N"

"Oh you came back home. Come in, come in." She ushered me inside.

I shook my head. "Oh no, Mrs. Y/L/N. I won't stay long, I just want to talk to Y/N"

"Oh, honey. She went out, she didn't really tell me where, I'm sorry." she explained.

"Oh it's alright, I'll be on my way then. Thanks Mrs. Y/L/N." I said, making my way to Dad's car, which my borrowed.

I place the bouquet of flowers on the front seat, signing.