jughead ☼ popsicle

UNEDITED

kid in love ; popsicle (jughead)

    Y/N

I held Mommy's hand as we walk through the park. "Do you want a popsicle, honey?" Mommy asked, stopping in front of a shop. I smiled widely, nodding, jumping up and down. We go in the shop. "One popsicle, please" she said to the person working there.

"Sorry ma'am, we ran out of the singular one's, we only have the twin one's" He said. "That's alright. We'll just get that" Mommy replied. "Orange, please" I said, standing on the tip of my toes, trying to meet my eyes with the worker. She chuckled, handing me an orange flavored twin popsicle

Mommy payed for it and grabbed my hand, "Let's go, Y/N" she said, walking to a near by bench. She removed the wrapper for me, suddenly her phone rang. "Y/N, stay here, don't go anywhere" she said, rushed, handing me my popsicle. "Yes, Mommy" I replied. She left, taking the call.

I looked at my popsicle, smiling faintly. I felt eyes on me, I looked up and saw a boy with a beanie on his head, wearing a flannel. He was kinda far away, but I could still see him. He stared at my popsicle longingly.

I glance between him and my popsicle. I bit my lip and sighed.

I split the twin popsicle in half and walked up to him,handing him the other half of the popsicle. He snapped out of it when he saw the popsicle in front of him. "Huh?" he asked, confused.

"Here" I said handing it to him.

He took it hesitantly, "Are you sure?" he asked, unsure

I smiled at him, "My mommy said it's nice to share" 

He smiled back, then eating his other half of the popsicle. "I'm Jughead." he said, sticking his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm—

"Y/N, let's go, Daddy's already home" Mommy said, pulling me. I looked back and saw Jughead staring at me sadly. I gave him a soft smile, waving goodbye.

I walk through the once familiar park, I sat on a bench, staring at the kids in front of me. I smile faintly, It's been a while...

"Mommy, I'm meeting Jughead again, right?" I asked. Jughead was the boy I met at the park. I told Mommy all about him, even with the short amount of time I've known him. She was happy to know that I shared my popsicle, and said that maybe soon I can meet him.

"Sorry, pumpkin" Mommy apologized. "We're going on an adventure, and we might not see him" She said.

"Adventure?"

"Yes, an adventure. We're going on a plane. You've always wanted to ride one right?" She asked.

I gasped "A plane?" I asked

She nodded, laughing.

"Where are we going, Mommy?" I asked.

"We're going to New York, pumpkin" she replied.

I felt someone's eyes on me, sending goosebumps on my skin. I turn to my right and saw a guy about my age, wearing a beanie. He looks familiar... Once we made eye contact, his eye widened, turning around walking away, quickly.

Okay then...

I pulled out my phone,texting my friend, Nikki. Soon, the guy with a beanie— to my surprise, sat next to me. He tapped my shoulder, making me look up at him, he held a twin popsicle, broke it in half, handing me the other half.

"A certain girl told me that it's nice to share" 

A/N

if i published a book...would you read it?

as always thanks for reading ilysm, till next time

date written: march 22, 2017

word count (everything): 601