Chapter 16: Once Upon a Dream

Jesse's P.O.V.
"Oh great, what now?" I said looking over to my friends. But when I looked, they weren't there. "Guys?!" I panicked.

"Do not worry, Jesse. They are safe." Said a mysterious voice.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Who are we." said a new voice

"Once we were called the spirit of the mountain. Father sun, mother moon. Ancestral spirits, animal spirits. Jinn. Ghosts. The green man. Then gods, demons. Angels. Poltergeists. Aliens, extraterrestrials. Leptons, quarks. The words change. We do not change." Said the first voice.

"Ah," said the second voice, "We are not just words on a screen now, but a voice to be heard."

[Any Ideas on Who the Voices are?]

"That is correct." Said the first voice, "This player, Jesse, has achieved an even higher level now, but still has much to learn."

"Wait what?" I asked, very confused.

"The long dream of life still waits for you, and you must live it." Said the first voice.

"You may not understand these words now," said the second voice, "But I assure you, one day you will."

"But first, let us get back to the present, or perhaps the future." Said the first voice.

"What do you mean future?" I asked.

"We can see all, the past, present, and future." The first voice said.

"Your future, can either be very dark, or very light." Said the second voice.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Herobrine has a very unique set of powers." The second voice said.

"Indeed." The first voice added, "Before he died, he left a revenge message, did he not?"

"Yes," I said remembering his promise to come back, "He did."

"That may seem like a simple message, but it was his life raft." The first voice said.

"Yes," The second sighed, "He has tried to use your memories to create a way for himself to escape the void."

"So," The first voice started, "We must delete your memory of him so that he will not escape and end this world."

"You mean erase my memories?" I asked sadly, I didn't want to forget about my friends, and Lukas...

"Not truly erased, you will exist in an altered time with different memories." Said the second voice.

"But there is a price." The first voice added. "Where there is death, there must always be death." I was very confused.

"We can trace the moment to change your memories. And that moment will be the moment you fell from the Wither storm." The first voice said. "I am afraid that you died there, and where there is death, there must always be death."

"But it must be another to die, the pig Ruben." The second voice said.

"What!" I said, tears forming in my eyes, "No! Not Ruben! Let me die! He shouldn't have to die for me!"

"We understand you are upset, but you are far too important." The first voice soothed.

"And we promise you will not remember his death in this way." The second voice added.

"Your new memories will be this: After you defeated the wither storm you will be the one to fall in the lake, and Ruben the hard ground. He will be remembered as a hero, and you will be the leader of the New Order of the Stone." The first voice said.

"What about my friends?" I asked whipping away my tears.

"Those will be the memories they have as well." The second voice assured.

"And if Herobrine was to somehow find a way back," said the first voice, "we will return your true memory imminently, as well as your friends' memories."

I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just nodded.

"As for us, you will remember us as a dream." Said the first voice

"We are the universe." Said the second voice.

"And the universe said I love you."

"And the universe said you have played the game well."

"And the universe said everything you need is within you."

"And the universe said you are stronger than you know."

"And the universe said you are the daylight."

"And the universe said you are the night."

"And the universe said the darkness you fight is within you."

"And the universe said the light you seek is within you."

"And the universe said you are not alone."

"And the universe said you are not separate from every other thing."

"And the universe said you are the universe tasting itself, talking to itself, reading its own code."

"And the universe said I love you because you are love."

"And the game was over and the player woke up from the dream. And the player began a new dream. And the player dreamed again, dreamed better. And the player was the universe. And the player was love."

"You are the player."

"Wake up."

Authors Note:
Hey guys! So the story is finally "finished"! All it needs is an epilogue now. And how about that for a plot twist? Now it could technically be considered cannon! Anyway, I'll have an Epilogue out soon so I don't leave you guys high and dry. I'll post more about the future then!