Part 1

Medyo cliche :)

*Beep*

26-year-old Nadine Lustre was typing away furiously on her laptop at work for a new marketing campaign when her mobile signaled a new incoming phone call.

Picking up the vibrating device, she clicked on the 'Save' button just in case before saying, "Hello? Nadine speaking."

"Baby girl!" The person on the other line gushed out the moment the line got through.

"Ashley, you know I hate it when you call me that." Nadine told her friend off lightly.

"I know, but I like to irritate you." Ashley smiled from the other end before continuing, "baby, will you be going to the airport later?"

Nadine looked at the time indicated on her laptop, 3:26pm. "Yes, I am. But I've got to finish up this proposal on hand before I can leave."

"Will two hours be enough?"

She looked at the time and then at her word document, "yup, I should be good."

"Great! Tommy and I will come by and pick you up at around 5.45pm."

"Thanks, Ash. I will see you then." Nadine said bade her friend goodbye before hanging up and checked the desk calendar. 28th of February, today's date was marked with a red circle. On its empty space, the words "Homecoming" could be seen written neatly in blue ink. Giving herself a small smile, she let her thoughts wandered a bit before going back to work.

Before long, it was almost time to go. Ashley's call came just as she clicked the 'Send' button out to forward an email to her Marketing Manager. "Ash, I'm almost done here."

"Okay, come down to the pick-up point when you're done. Tommy and I are already turning into the area of your office building."

"Fine." Nadine hung up the call and started packing up, within 5 minutes she was ready to go.

When she reached the agreed place of meet-up below her building, the black BMW was already there. She hurried her steps and got into the vehicle.

"Hello there babygirl!" Ashley turned from her seat in front and greeted happily.

"Hi Ash!" Nadine said as she settled herself at the back of the car. "Tom. Thank you for the ride."

"It's nothing. Besides, it's on the way." Tom flashed a grin through the rear mirrors.

"I'm so excited to see that guy! Hayyy it's been so long! Right, Nadz?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, you're saying you want to see another man when your man is right beside you?" Tom lifted his eyebrows to say when they stopped at the traffic light.

"It's different. James' my friend, but you're my man." Ashley did her signature eye smile while pulling at her fiancé's sleeves.

Tom didn't say anything but smiled as the cars ahead started moving again.

Nadine liked watching the interactions between her friends and their respective other halves. It made for very interesting observations.

"Baby girl," Ashley's voice called, "how was the date with Paulo last week?"

"Ha?" Nadine was confused for a moment and then remembered. "It was just a casual dinner, Ash. Not a date."

Paulo was Ashley's cousin. He came back from the States last year after a 1-year immersion program and was a Paediatrician in Medical City. He was a very nice and friendly guy who's been single for quite some time now.