Chapter Seven: a chat with Bofur

Mai's P.O.V

For the next two nights I let what Gandalf told me sink in. when I really thought about it to the point my head almost hurt that it was completely possible that bilbo and my self were being courted. I considered maybe talking to Gandalf about whit Bilbo but then reconsider it because he would most likely answer in a riddle or not give us an answer at all for that matter. the third night after being confronted on said matters of courting Thorin and Gandalf had a disagreement and Gandalf left I didn't worry knowing he'd come back.But I couldn't say the se for Bilbo the poor lad was worrying and stressing about.I sat a little ways from the fire just watching every one Bilbo had left to take some Supper to Fili and Kili who are watching the ponies. I took out a piece of Paper and began to try and draw the Demon that was tracking us but all I got was a large rock sighing I gave up setting the paper and pencil down and stared at the drawing when Bofur sat beside me.

Bofur's P.O.V

I smile at Mai taking a seat glancing down at the paper on her lap "Drawing rocks?" I ask look back up with a raised brow her Eye colour had always intrigued me form the first time I saw her. she laughed lightly "Not really I was trying to draw the Demon that is tracking the Company and that's what I got." She hits the paper lightly I beam at her "Mia..." I trail off changing my mind of what I was going to ask her afraid of her answer. "Yes?" was all she said looking at me her eyes seeming to be a soft grey colour today "Er...how is your arm?" I ask looking down at my feet feeling like a fool."it's a lot better thank you for stitching it up" She pauses for a moment before continuing "it probably would of gotten worse then better if you didn't tend to it for me thank you" She gently touches my shoulder. Causing me turn and to look at her a grin laying in my lips I feel my cheeks heat up a little when she touched my arm "It was my pleasure lass if there's any thing I can do to help you please tell me" I offer her feeling like a fool but to my surprise her answer was different "Thank you Bofur I will be sure to remember that." she finished with the sweetest smile I have ever seen when Fili and Kili come to camp in a panic cause several of the old dwarfs such as Thorin Balin and Dwalin to jump up and face where they came from Mai moved her hand to her side placed on a dagger."Trolls three of em have the ponies and bilbo is there as well" Fili says slightly out of breath pointing in the direction in which they just came from."we sent him to look into it as are official burglar" Kili says panting the elderly dwarfs furbelows the hole company turns to face Thorin waiting for him to give the word we grab are weapons and after the word was given we head off to get are bugler and the ponies.