Chapter Eleven: Rivendale

The last thing Mai could remember was some one being hurt bad. what she didn't know was that it was her who was hurt. She woke up the morning after the company's arrival in Rivendale. Slowly Mai opened her eyes squinting against the bright light, where am I? She thought as she tried to sit up only to feel a sharpe pain shoot through her chest and across her belly. a wince slipped past her lips that was when she came a where of another person in the room. "You shouldn't be sitting up so fast lass." the voice belonged to Dwalin. She looked around the room to see Dwalin standing in the door way and Ori asleep in the chair beside her bed. "What happened is every one alright?" She questions ignoring the pain in her abdomen and sitting up all the way. "Yes every ones alright, you gave us all a scare when you screamed and passed out on us..." Dawlin spoke slowly walking further into the room stopping behind Oris chair. "What?" Mai asks startled she couldn't remember passing out or screaming "I don't remember passing out or screaming." She spoke softly looking down at her stomach to see a large dried blood stain. Dwalin nods "Oin figured you wouldn't one of the trolls hit you in the meddle eh?" Dwalin asks looking down at Mai, Mai thinks for a moment before nodding "yeah one of them did." She said not giving it much thought "Where are we?" She asks looking around again her eyes lingering on Oris sleeping form. "Were in Rivendale" dwalin spoke slowly looking down at Ori as well "He didn't want to leave you alone in a strange for fear you may wake up and panic." dwalin says gesturing to Oris sleeping body. Mai nods sighing softly which quickly turns in to a wince. Dawlin looks at her a moment longer before leaving the room, on his way out telling her to lay back down which Mai did with out argument.