chapter 13

Three years ago....

Sarah POV:

Today is our first anniversary.. Last year I got married to the love of my life on this day, the thirteenth of August. It was a small and a cute wedding. We didn't want to invite many people so we invited only close family members and friends. Brian is the most perfect man on earth atleast in my eyes. He had so many faults and flaws when I met him but he proved to me that he was honest and sincere about us. He changed for me for the better and that is what attracted me towards him. He is the sweetest and most amazing husband any girl could ask for and I'm glad that he is mine and only mine.

Today I plan on surprising Brian with the biggest gift he could ever ask for. Brian always liked this one thing and he had spoken  to me about this atleast a million times. He loves kids and he said he wants to start a family on one too many occasions. Now I'm pregnant and the ultrasound copy along with his favorite chicken Alfredo and meat balls is what I'm going to surprise him with. I hurriedly run to the kitchen to get the dish out of the oven all the while trying to fix my pendant around my neck. It is a heart shaped pendant with a beautiful ruby stone which Brian gifted me on our first year mark of dating. I finally set the table and plop myself on the couch with my hormones all over the place, feeling giddy and most of all nervous. Right on cue Brian opens the door forcefully and his aura is not welcoming. Something is wrong I can just sense it. I rush to Brian to see if he is okay and he looks at me with so much hatred. What did I do? Those emerald eyes that shone with love and adoration this morning is so full of hate and disgust? What did I do to deserve this?

"Bri is everything okay? Are you fine? What's wrong with you?" I ask him softly with a smooth voice even though I'm fearing for mine and the little one's life. He looks at me with plain fury and replies "you are my problem. You happened and everything went to shit. You are a conniving, lying and money hungry whore who spreads her legs for anything that holds a hefty bank account. So now what huh? What more do you what from me? You married me for my money and is mine not enough for you? You just had to have more don't you?" What the hell is he talking about. I never married him for money. I loved him with all of my heart for who he is as a person but never his money. I never accepted anything from him and I even work to fulfil my necessities. My heart breaks listening to his accusations. I feel so fragile that I'm scared I might break and crumble to pieces any moment. Tears are already streaming down my face and my eyes are blurry. "No Brian you know it's not true. I loved and love you for who you are as a person but never for your money. Why would you accuse me of such a thing?" I ask him sobbing more and more each minute with so much hurt. I'm surprised I didn't collapse yet. I feel extremely weak and defeated.

This day is doomed. This fight is just not any other ordinary fight. It's going to cost my happiness and I can already see that coming. I just pray to God that this doesn't affect my baby. "I want a divorce. I don't want to see your face ever again in my life. Leave this house  right this instant. I don't want such a vile woman in my life. Your innocent act is over. Stop acting and get lost. Oh and don't ever dream of taking anything that I gave you. You leave with what you had while you entered this joke of a marriage" he says with a dark chuckle like as though he is enjoying tormenting me with his words. I take a deep breathe to calm myself. "I don't want even a penny from you. I'm my own person and I've been independent all my life. I know how to take care of myself just fine.. I just want to say one last thing" I say in a low voice. All I want to to do is scream on his face that I love him and I don't want to leave his side.
" What the hell do you want now? More money? Sorry I don't do charity to whores" he says with a chuckle. I sob even more. He officially broke me and ripped my heart to shreds. I take a deep breathe and put my hand over my stomach in a protective stance. His eyes follow my movement and they go wide as saucers. "I'm pregnant" I whisper. If possible he gets even more mad and pushes me out of his house with one last parting message after getting my signature on the divorce papers. "You and that bastard baby can go die for all I care" with that he shut the door right on my face leaving me alone to fend for myself in the middle of a raging storm.