chapter 18

Brian POV:

"She's mine and just mine. You are just the sperm donor an that's all you'll ever be. Now please step out of my room before I report you Mr. Whitman" Sarah says in a cold tone and dismisses my presence as though I'm the dirt on the floor. Is that my Sarah? The sweet, loving, caring and kind hearted woman whom I married all those years ago? Oh my god! What have I done to her? Have I pushed her to the point of hating me so much that she can dismiss my presence so easily? Can I even get back what I destroyed with my own hands? Is it even right of me to want it back? Has she moved on? Will my daughter ever know that I'm her father? Am I even worthy of being the father of my baby after calling her a bastard before she was even born? The impact of my actions all those years ago dawns on my head like a ton of bricks. The heavy, heart crushing feeling sets in and I feel like the walls of the room are closing up on me. This intense feeling of self loathing and remorse makes me want to cry out loud and drown in my own misery..

I quickly exit the room and rush to my car. Once I'm safely in the confines of my car I let loose of all my emotions and wail like a baby for what I've lost. All I feel and see is misery. It's suffocating me so much that I don't see any hope. I've destroyed the only good thing that has ever happened to me. I ignite the car and drive aimlessly until I found the flashing signs of a pub. The only comfort I can seek for now..

I'm sorry Sarah. I'm really sorry for what I put you through.  I'm a monster!!