Chapter 47

Logan's emotions overwhelmed her. Angelique could not concentrate on anything. Too many voices spoke in her head at once. Her head pounded and her heart ached. When she could squeak words passed her clenched teeth, she called to Ty. Within seconds he scooped her into his arms and sat rocking her. She stared up at his face, trying to place his moving lips with the words filling her mind. Logan still screamed at the injustice of it all.

Pressing her fingers to his lips, she said, "Ask him to walk to the dam. Ten minutes. I need ten minutes."

Flesh met wood somewhere behind her, and then glass shattered. Whether Logan stumbled over his feet or punched something, she would find out later. All she could concentrate on was his emotions moving further and further away. She wanted to call him back to fill the gaping hole he left behind. Ty tightened his arms and shook his head.

Trying once more to match his moving lips to the jumble in her head, she managed to gain some control. Ty's thoughts pushed into her head before she could close herself off again. She pushed his chest and got up from his lap.

"You are so disgusting," she said, gingerly walking to the bed. She had one more healing session to do and unfortunately she left her feet for last.

"I can't help it if you press your boobs into my chest."

Angelique waved her hand, meaning to wave off his statement, but sending him tumbling ass over end instead. Squealing in fright, she covered her face and apologized over and over.

"I didn't mean to do that. I swear."

Laughing, he got to his feet and pointed to hers. "You better use some of that energy to heal those." Then he turned into her overprotective brother again. "And the next time you leave this house, you better wear shoes or I will convince Logan to keep you locked inside. This is not the Harlows. There are stones everywhere."

Angelique nodded, completely chastised. "You are right. Maybe I'll grow some grass and flowers around the house and I'll try to remember to wear shoes if I go into the forest or towards the dam." 

Building her walls took longer than any other time. She wanted them stronger, so Logan could return and stay with her. Hunting through her arsenal of spells, she used her trusty protection spell to cast a shield over her mind, smiling when she could no longer feel Ty's emotions, or hear his thoughts.

That smile turned into a grin when she went over everything she felt from Logan. His love glowed like a beacon, calling to her heart.

"What's that grin for?" Ty asked, frowning at her.

"He loves me."

Ty spread his arms to encompass her entire room. "Look at what that man did for you, before you accepted his ring."

She looked down at her fingers and then touched her neck. Spinning around, she looked for her jewelry. Ty walked into the bathroom and came back out, holding them up.

"Is this what you're looking for?"

She held out her hands. "Give. Please. I need that."

Ty chuckled as he placed the ring in her hand, but then he tied the leather strip and her aunt's necklace around her neck.

"I made you a new one for the wolf. Cook did some spell on it. She said you won't need to take it off when you shift."

She ran her fingers over the leather and made it waterproof. Ty wrinkled his nose and stepped away from her.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." She raised an eyebrow. "Okay. I can smell when you and Cook do spells. It burns my nose. Anyway, that doesn't matter. What does is your dependence on your gifts. You didn't need to feel his love to know it was there. We could all see it. He acts more protective of you than Ben is over Jamie. Then again, I think our sister tries to wear the pants in that relationship."