Chapter 1

27th May 2017

I was super sicked about today. Ever since Shawn posted his first vine in 2012 I have been a fan of his and now I would finally see him in real life. 

My parents made me believe that I didn't have a VIP pass but yesterday morning they surprised me with it and told me that I had the GOLD VIP experience. 

I'm going to meet Shawn Mendes!

Because of that I had to be there earlier which I didn't mind at all, it was a small sacrifice to make if I got to meet my biggest hero. My friend didn't have a VIP ticket sadly so she was going to meet me there when the concert started. 

Dad drove me and my friend to the concert hall from the hotel that we were staying in, as we live in Antwerp but we didn't want to have to wake up early to go to the concert hall so early. Our ways parted and I went to the extra entrance that we needed to go to if we had VIP tickets. 

Dad left me there, knowing I was safe and I felt super out of place. I was all alone, no one was with me while others were there with other friends or family. 

We were directed into another room where we were told to take a seat and that Andrew would come to explain some things with Shawn before we could ask some questions. After that we'd be able to take pictures with him and after that we'd receive our goodie bags with the signed poster and laminate and also where we could do merch shopping.  

I was looking aroud, seeing that everyone was talking animatedly with their friend/mother/cousin or whatever and I just sat there with my phone in hand. All the murmurs stopped when someone entered the room and stood on the little makeshift stage. 

As I looked up, I saw it was Andrew who stood there with a big smile. 

"Hello, everyone. For those that don't know me, I'm Andrew Gertler, Shawn's manager. Thank you all for coming today and being here to support Shawn. It's very nice of you all to be here. Shawn's very excited to be here in Belgium as it is the first time that he is performing in this country." He explained, his eyes scanning the room. When they landed on someone around me, they widened. "Oh..." 

Everyone turned around looking in my direction with questioning stares and I just sat there uncomfortably. 

Andrew quickly diverted their attention back to him. "Sadly not everyone of you will have your questions answered but we hope that you will still enjoy your time here." 

"I will not let you wait any longer because you didn't come here for me, give it up for the man himself- Shawn Mendes." 

He was smiling big as he joined Andrew on the small stage. They did that man hug thing that nearly every guy mastered and Andrew whispered something to him. Shawn's eyes looked over the crowd, just like Andrew's did and also his settled around my direction. 

He cleared his throat. "Hello, everyone. Thank you for being here. I'm very excited for being here, this is the first time I'll be here but if the crowd outside is any indication, I think that this night will be amazing!" 

A lot of people giggled and chuckled but I just sat there, unable to grasp the idea that I am actually sitting in front of him and that he's actually here. I'm totally confused right now, he's actually here. And he's even better in real life than on pictures. 

I felt someone ask for my attention by tapping my shoulder. 

Andrew Gertler was standing behind me and indicated with his head that I needed to follow him, which I obviously did because what else was I supposed to do? 

Many reasons as to why I needed to follow him ran through my mind. What if there was something wrong with my ticket? Would they throw me out? 

Before I had a chance to actually meet Shawn Mendes himself? 

Would they really do that? I mean, I already made it inside, why throw me out now? It made no sense. 

No, there couldn't be anything wrong with my ticket. I wouldn't have gotten in if there was. 

What other reason could there be? All of the sudden all the possible reasons left my mind as I followed Andrew through a maze of hallways and rooms. Who knew that the backstage of a concert hall was so big? I didn't. 

Finally he opened a door and thrust me inside, closing the door behind him as he stepped inside himself. The action made me a bit nervous. 

Why did the door have to be closed? 

"Don't worry-" He started with a kind smile on his face, "-you didn't do anything wrong." 

"Phew." It came out before I knew it. 

He chuckled. "There's something we- I- need to ask you. Yesterday, Shawn and I went out to eat something down in the city." 

Why was he sharing this with me? And why did he say that he had to ask me a question when he was telling me a completely irrelevant story about him going out to dinner with his friend? 

"I know you're thinking- asking yourself- why I'm telling you this. It's where we first saw you." 

"What?" I had no idea what he was talking about, what was he going on about? 

"Yesterday, Shawn and I went to dinner in this bar sort of thing that a friend of mine recommended. It was karaoke night and Shawn and I both enjoy those." 

My mouth fell open as realisation dawned on me. "Oh my God." 

"Aha, you know what I'm talking about, I see." He seemed pleased. 

"I don't get it, what do you have ask me?" I cut to the case. 

He sighed. "Shawn and I both saw something in you." 

"What did you see? Irritation, because let me tell you, that's what I'm feeling right now if you don't ask me soon what you want to ask." 

"Fierce, I see. I like you." He chuckled. 

"You won't for much longer if you don't just cut to the case." I snapped. 

"Shawn wants to sing with you, Sabrina." 

My mouth fell open again, not completely believing what he just said. "What?" 

"Shawn Mendes wants to sing with you, Sabrina Jacobs." He repeated. 

.

.

.

.

no outfit mentioned but I will include a picture. 

And of course, she has to wear something from shawn's merch! His wristband