Chapter 8

The interviews went well, I was more relaxed after the whole Clevver News thing. It prepared me for the other two interviews, which went relatively well. I was not the focus, obviously because it was Shawn's tour and not mine. 

I always got the same question, what was the hardest part to get used to? My answer was always the same, the fans. 

Because it's true, they're a blessing, truly but it wasn't something you could get used to in one, two, three. They were overwhelming at times, the ones that even waited for us outside our hotel. The ones that stopped us to get a picture or an autograph.  

I was not used to having fans, the most followers I used to have before this were 112 on Twitter. Now I have over 200 thousand followers on Instagram and Twitter, plus many facebook requests which I have not added because that could be dangerous according to Shawn and Andrew and so much more. 

I'm starting to get fanmail, something I am not used to but apparently there are people sending fan letters to Shawn's fanmail plus I'm getting DM's on Insta and Twitter. 

Some stories are shocking and I'm still a bit stunned that people share their stories with me and see me as their idol. There are people out there who believe they can do anything now because Shawn discovered me. 

I did not understand it. Shawn discovered me by chance, it could've been anyone. 

On the other hand, I was one of them so I could see myself being the same. There was no doubt on my mind that I would totally be like that and sending messages to the person Shawn discovered, like I did with James TW but now that I was the one discovered, it was a bit weird to imagine. 

After the interviews we still had a couple of hours before we had to leave and so Shawn invited me to spend some time with him and Aaliyah in the city. 

Aaliyah asked me to come with them as well because she didn't want to listen to her brother going on and on about the same thing and could use some help to get her through the lunch date with her brother. 

Since both siblings asked, I couldn't decline so I went with them after changing my clothes. I had been dressed in something warmer for the interview because it was apparently chilly in the studio, something I didn't feel because I had been sweating again. 

I got out of my jeans and got dressed in white shorts with a Slytherin top and black flats with a necklace set and black earrings. My hair was in a half updo, leaving my neck open for a bit cooling. 

Aaliyah shared a room with me and asked me if she could borrow some clothes from me so now she was dressed in a jean dress and with black ankle boots and her hair up in a braid sort of thing. I did that. 

"You girls ready?" Shawn asked outside our room. 

"Yup. Just give your sister another second." I said as I came outside. "She's just in the bathroom for a second." 

"Okay." 

We waited in the living area with a glass of water. Aaliyah wasn't just a second as she told me. In the end we waited for a full five minutes before she appeared. 

"Just a second, huh?" I asked. 

She huffed. "Pff, as if you don't take your time in the bathroom." 

"Actually, she doesn't. Out of the three of us, she's always the one who takes up the least time in the bathroom." Shawn defended me. 

"That she doesn't take as long as you is normal, brother. But I'm quite sure that since she is a girl, she is likely to sometimes take her time in the bathroom." Aaliyah quickly deflected him.