Chapter One: Get Over It

One warm July morning, Ellie awoke sweating badly. She had another dream about running away, again. Ever since she had called it off with him, she had more and more dreams about just packing and running away, even though she knew it was just a dream because she was only sixteen with overprotective parents like guard dogs. Shaking her head in disgust at the thought she ever had anything to with Evan, she automatically thought "cheating bastard." Ellie had caught her boyfriend, (now ex) just three days ago with the bitchiest girl in school, Alexa (the perfect annoying cheerleader who looked like she had implants) at a pool party not doing much swimming to say the least. Not wanting to be embarrassed much more than she already was, she immediately hopped in her car and drove off and had been ignoring Evans texts and calls since then. Finally getting around to climbing out of her bed, she reached for her phone automatically to scroll passed the missed messages, voice mails and calls from Evan, to see her best friend, Shelby, told her there was another pool party tonight at a cute senior Ashtons, from the neighboring school ,knowing that she could not pass up.

Shelby had always been there for Ellie, and always tried to cheer up, especially since the Evan and Alexa situation. Ellie sat back down and debated it for a long twenty minutes before texting Shelby back. She had two choices, shut her self off from the world, or go out there and try to have fun and push Evan to the back out of her mind. She laid back and pushed her nervously bitten nails through her light brunette hair which hadn't been brushed much in the past few days, tossing both ideas back and forth. Again, Ellie once finally sat up, and walked to her mirror hung on her closet. She looked herself up and down, the scraggly hair, no makeup, chipped nails, wearing nothing but a huge white tshirt that had tear and food stains on the sleeves and neck. Ellie automatically thought, "look at yourself, you look terrible. Don't let this douche bag win, you don't deserve this." So there was her decision, she was going to ash pool party tonight. She immediately called Shelby letting her know, but to make it clear she wasn't drinking much. As the phone call almost ended, she heard Shelby giggle "sure," and also a few words about Ashton had cute friends but she paid no attention to that, Ellie was done with boys for the moment. "Just pick me up at 7, okay?" she told Shelby.

She was going to get over Evan, she had given him enough choices, and she was done, but not with sleeping around. Ellie had given up her virginity to Evan that summer, two nights after school ended in sumrall field in the back of Evans truck. That was a night she would never forget, no matter how bad she had tried. She kept getting mad at herself because she kept thinking about him, everything reminded her of him, her bedroom, their songs, his jacket and bracelet he had given her. Ellie jumped into the shower, washing her hair and started to feel a bit better. Soon as she finished, her phone was laying on the counter buzzing, Evan Evan Evan. He was persistent and Ellie knew what his plan was, to not give up so she'd eventually give in. "Not this time asshole," she thought, turning her phone off. She looked into the mirror at her hazel eyes, and freckled skin, saying out loud, "he's not going to win." Blow drying her hair then curling it, she then put on some makeup, feeling much better by that point. Her mom then slowly opened her door, asking her "Honey, you're out of bed. I'm shocked." while lifting up the pile of candy bar wrappers and attempting to clean what she could out of her room. Ellie knew her mom knew what was going on without Ellie even having to say anything. Her mom had always told her Evan was one of the "boys who treated girls like pieces of candy while he lived in a candy store," the sad part was her mom was right. Ellie always heard rumors but never had caught him in the act before. "Yeah, I think I'm going to the mall today with Nai and Lauren, to try and find a outfit. Shelby's having a pool party." not wanting to tell her mom she was going to some random boys house, her mom just nodded her head and said quietly, "probably should go and get some ice cream too, ice cream always cheered me up." Ellie lifted her head up from her mirror and forced a smile, "not this time" she thought. Her mom then gave a smirk back, then gently closed her door.