Chapter Fifteen: Where The Wild Things Go

Michael turned around and grabbed Nais arm to leave, leaving Nai confused. He had seen Ellie and Evan kissing, and was way past furious. "Look, can we just leave now," he mumbled, when Nai asked him why he wanted to leave. "I can't I haven't even spent that much time with El yet, Michael I-," just then Ellies hospital room door opened, and Evan came out. He gave Michael a glare, while Michael just grabbed his jacket, pacing quickly out the front door. Nai ran after him, asking him what was wrong. "Nothing, why don't you ask your friend," he said sharply, while kicking his foot at a rock on the sidewalk. "What are you even on about Michael, El is hurt and this is how you act?" Nai replied quickly. Michael looked at her, and saw how truly concerned she was. He knew he couldn't tell her what he had seen, so he just bit his lip, and told her he was just tired. He kissed her gently, and promised he'd meet her later on for pizza.

Back in El's room, her mind was racing. Would Michael say anything to Nai, would he say anything to Calum.. El didn't know. She felt so guilty, but she couldn't help it, Evan had kissed her, and it was clear there was always going to be feelings there for Evan, but she knew she loved Calum. Love, Ellie cringed at the word. The nurse had come back to try and talk her into gulping down more broth, but instead Ellie asked for more pain meds, she wanted to sleep. She felt sick, not from the pain or medicine, but at the fact at what had just happened. Everything had become good and right finally, and just like that it was screwed up again.

The nurse gave her more pain meds, and Ellie was fuzzy again. She dreamed of being on a beach, wet sand in between her toes, and hearing waves splash. It was sunny and clear, then all of the sudden it grew dark, and smooth waves turned into frantic waves, crashing into the sand and hissing. Ellie stood up, and looked around. There were shadows of people, but she couldn't make out who. She tried to run, but the shadows kept getting closer, and closer, as if they were caging her in. Ellie awoke from her dream and sat up and let out a small gasp. She was sweating. She looked over at the chair in the corner of her room, where a small petite woman was sitting. She had a suit on, like one of those suits who are designed for woman but still look manly, to give the look of intimidation, but her face was round, soft, and child like, throwing it off. Her hair was red, and she looked to be about in her fourties. She was watching Ellie closely, chewing on her pen, holding a notepad in hand.

"Who are you, and why are you in my room," Ellie mumbled softly, while sitting up, wondering where her parents, or nurses were. "Hi, Ellie," the woman smiled softly, "I'm Dr.White, i've been waiting on you to wake up soon. Did you sleep alright? It seemed you were having a bad dream," she said as she started looking at her notepad, and began writing something down. "Matter of fact, you've been having some trouble sleeping, no?" She continued to scribble down, and Ellie was becoming more and more confused. "Wait," Ellie said, running her hands through her hair,"if you're a doctor why are you so worried about the way I sle-" Ellie stopped, because it finally hit her. "Ellie," she stood up, smiling, and walking towards her bed, "i'm a Psychiatrist, and i'm here to help you. I need you to be completely honest with me. There were no stop marks at the scene of the accident, which tells me that you did this on purpose. I want to help you," she said lowly, placing her hand on hers. Ellie pushed her hand away, and tried to sit up, but realized that hurt to do to. "I don't need help, I was d-... I was upset that night, that's it," Ellie responded coldly. "Listen sweetie, putting labels on you, such as crazy, is not what i'm going to do. I'm here for you, to have someone to talk to. A friend." "I have enough friends," Ellie snapped back. Her parents came in, and Ellie demanded they tell her why she has a Psychiatrist. Her mother got upset, and her dad told her frankly he insisted that she needed it, and not to try and fight him on this because she was still in trouble. Ellie grew more and more angry with her parents, if anyone needed a Psychiatrist it was them, she thought. A few days passed, and Ellie was able to go home, with the exception of a cast and a sling. She was pretty much immobile, and going to be for the next few week.