Future

2011
Everyone at this school are so mean, they don't appreciate the little things in life. They don't find anything funny, they don't laugh and they don't understand anything. I don't like them. And they don't like me. This place is very dull. I get bullied a lot, for the way I dress, for the way I act, and for the way that I can't stop talking about Ocean Side. At this school, I met my first crush. Jace. A popular blonde who makes fun of me for everything I do. I always took it as playing, but he really didn't like me. I liked him though, but once I met you, I forgot about him. I was told today that I get to go back to school in Ocean Side. I was beyond happy. This year, on our way up, we get to go to Montana for vacation. On our way there, we stay at a campground. I see a boy, his parents run the place. His name is Justin. I like Justin. He reminds me of you, always laughing, running around, making everything funny, being nice and kind, everything. But he's not you. Me and him begin to be close friends. We go to the river everyday, we watch movies, and we have play fights with the flowers and sand. Once it was time to leave I promised Justin I'd see him again. Then I left. We stay at the same RV park in Ocean Side for the same reason once again. Then, I begin school. This year, my teachers name is Mrs. Wolf. She's sorta mean, but I guess she's ok. Then, I see you. You don't seem to notice me as you did before. So I call out your name. You look at me, then turn away. It kinda hurt... I mean, you're my friend, right? My, close friend. Mrs. Wolf divides the classroom into four sections, she asked us questions and labels the corners, and we run to a one that we think we are. This is how we learn about each other, I like learning about you. You're very interesting. One girl stands in a corner on her own. I don't like this girl. She gives me a bad vibe. Her name is Bella. I glare at her as Mrs. Wolf asked her a questions individually. Days pass. Bella sits in front of me. I kick her a lot. And she kicks me back. I don't like her. Weeks go by and you stopped coming to school. I really want to know why. During this time, Bella and I have become best friends. Bella is nice, smart, and kind hearted. I like Bella now. She comes to my house a lot, we play with Barbies all the time. I force her to be Ken because I want to be the girl. She sighs and does just that. Bella is a very good singer, but not as good as me :). I'm a professional. In fact, I'm better than Selena Gomez. Yeah, I said it. I never get to go to Bella's house because her parents fight a lot. I know how that is, one time, my dad smashed my mom's computer and threatened to take me away from her. She called the police and they arrested him. She came running through the school's halls to find me. She busted through the door and dragged me out. She drove us all the way to Georgia. Where my grandpa lay in a hospital bed. We had to stay at some lady's house, who was friends with him. She had a puppy, I made up a song about him. I like him. I call him Puppy Paws. I played with him a lot. The lady beat him though, and I was always in the room when she did it too. My mom told her not to do that but she did it anyway. I wanted Puppy Paws so she would never do it again. She promised me she would give him to me. My dad called all the time to check on me, see where I was, but my mom wouldn't let me say. It hurt me to do that. But mom says I have to. My dad was an emotional wreck. I felt so bad for him and nearly told him where I was a few times, but I was scared of the consequences. The last words my TaPaw ever said was, "I promise you, we will be running through the sunflowers in the middle of a meadow soon." I knew he was right. He never lied to me. I remember sitting in the hallways am my mom talked to the doctors about my TaPaw, Once my mom drove me back home, I ran inside the house to my dad's arms. I hadn't seen him in months. My mom left, I didn't see her for a while either. My dad took me to the movies and we watched Tangled. We came home and my dad told me to read to my grandpa over the phone. He forced me to read a civil war book to him because my dad is smart. He believes I should be smart too. My grandpa laughed sometimes when I would stutter, I don't think he knew that I was crying, then, about halfway through, he didn't laugh any more. I asked if he was still there but got no reply. Only a faint voice saying, "I love you." Then a heard a long beep. The phone hung up and my dad picked me up and ran to the bedroom. He called my mom and she said that he had died. I never got to say that I love him back, and I wonder what he would think of the choices I have made as years have passed, I miss him so much. Sometimes I text him Facebook and tell him. Maybe to get a reply back, I know it sounds crazy but, I just wanted to. But anyway, Bella has been a good friend to me. But I still miss you. People say that you had to be homeschooled because you were being 'bad'. I miss you. One day at recess we were playing outside, and I was King of the Hill. Then, over that hill I saw you. You looked so amazing walking up the hill. As if I'm a couple seconds, warriors would follow. You stared at me as I did the same. Once recess was over, you came back to class. After that we had lunch, in the line you looked behind you and said, "You look like a pretty little schoolgirl." I blushed. I love those words, but they hurt in the future. Once it was again my last day, you were there. At the I end of the day, everyone lined up to either give me a hug or a handshake. Everyone was there, but you. I wonder now why you weren't there, but I'm sure there was an explanation. And as always, I left, thinking of you...