Moment I'll Never Forget

2017
We arrive at Hannah's house, and since we have like 3 hours till, we decide to mess with Hannah as she's taking a shower. Right in front of the door we put dish soap, so when she comes on, she'll slip and fall. I propped up my camera to capture this glorious moment, and when I hear the shower go off, I immediately run into the closest room. You can hear the door open and Hannah starts cursing as she notices the camera. Then she slips a little, looks down, and screams. Then I walk to her telling her how she was supposed to fall there, and land in my own trap. My entire back was soapy and nearly broken, but it was funny in the end. We began to get ready, I put on my dress. Put my hair in pigtails, braided them, took the pony tails out and crossed my braids around the top of my head. I took a strand of hair on each side and gently curled it, I did my makeup, added bright cherry red matte lipstick, curled Saiges hair, painted my nails, and headed out the door. Once we got into the car, I noticed I had forgot my money. I run back inside and search for it, I head upstairs and searched everywhere, when thinking that it must be in one of my bags in the car, I start going to walk the stairs, when I stop, turn around, and walk to the bathroom. As I approach the mirror and admire myself, I start to pray. "Please god, if anyone's listening, please make this night unforgettable. Please, I beg of you, give me your courage and strength to withstand tonight, under any obstacles. Please give me strength. Please make this night the best." Then Saige came in the house, found my money, and we left. The whole journey over, we partied, had our heads stuck the window, jammed out to the songs that played, and just had a great time. Once we arrived, a boom bass song was on and so when we pulled up, we looked like absolute bosses. We headed inside and a group of the 'popular' girls were in front of us, they came running asking if we can pay for them, and since I'm the best person ever, I payed for one of them ;). This whole time, I was thinking only of you. How tonight would go, what would happen, etc. We entered the hanging beaded door and the party started. After about 4 minutes of jamming out, I saw you. You were wearing a white shirt with a black buttoned jacket. I kept staring at you when finally, Saige awoke me from my trance. We danced the whole time. I kept trying to move closer to you so I could dance it up and get your attention. As I went to fix one of my falling braids, Saige and Hannah joined. They told me that they were going to go ask you to dance with me. I wanted to stop them but I knew I'd look stupid with one hanging braid and one across my head. I fixed it, and ran out. I saw them standing there, and asked if they did anything, they said not yet. Then, I made one of the best choices I've ever made. "You know, if you really want me to dance with him, ask the hosts of the dance to call mine and his names out, then they'll choose a song, and it'll happen." I said, immediately regretting it. "Who is the host?" Hannah asked, "You'll have to figure that out." I said and walked away. As quick as lightning, they went to find the hosts. 45 minutes passed, and they had already said that we would be next. After the end of every song, my anxiety grew larger, I kept having to get water and run to to the bathroom to freshen up. I started to have a major panic attack. Saige and Hannah told me to just calm down and that I should be happy, and so I did. I danced harder than ever awaiting my turn. Then, the song ended and I went out to get some water, as I did, people started pulling me into the circle, asking me to dance with you. I had to play dumb, so I kept asking why. Once I turned around, you were with your friends, then they saw me, cheered for you, and pushed you into the dance floor. Then, it was just you and me, and one other dancing couple. The music hadn't begun yet, but we started slow dancing. Then, "Stay" by Rihanna came on. You just kept looking at me, softly smiling. Then, we both stared off into another direction as the air turned tense and nervous filled.
You: How are you?
Me: What?
You: How are you? Sorry, I've lost my voice.
Me: Oh haha, I'm good, what about you?
You: I'm pretty good.
Me: Well this is fun.
You: Yeah.
Then you look at me and smile.
You: You look good tonight.
As I tried to contain my excitement, I said...
Thank you... You do too.
The song ended and I turned around to my friends. They started hugging me and I ran to the bathroom. I started crying tears of overwhelming joy. Saige and Hannah nearly cried too. I told them what we talked about and then a song came on that apparently Saige and Hannah knew so they went out onto the dance floor. It was me and Emily, another good friend of mine. She hugged me and I started crying. "I've waiting 7 ½ years for this..."
The night continued and out of the corner of my eye, I saw you looking at me. Before I danced with you, Saige told me something. "Just dance with him, and then you should know if you really love him or not." And as I did, I knew. I really do love you. I don't think I ever really realized it. I also didn't realize how tall you are. You had to look down at me, but you're only a couple inches taller. Madison walked up to me, pat my shoulder and said, "Congratulations." I hugged her for about 20 seconds and told her how I cried, she replied with, "I know." The lights started coming on as the dance ended and I thanked everyone involved in helping me make this night amazing. Everyone told me I looked beautiful as they left. Then I saw you leaving, I wanted to run after you, but I was scared of what could happen. I was kind of down, I know, I should have been happy out of my mind. And I was, but I guess I wanted something more. But I'm thankful for what I got. On the way home, we had to drop off Saige, but before that, the video that Hannah took of us dancing, I tried to figure out the song name. I didn't know what it was before because I was too caught up in the moment, I didn't even hear a song play. We dropped Saige off and went home. We had to move back into the RV because someone needs the small house for a little bit. Once we got inside my dad asked me to run out to the truck and get his phone, I did, but before I even touched the car I saw a streetlight. I walked to it and quietly played the song that was playing when we danced. I stood underneath the single light that lit up the night. I started crying as I thanked God for this night. I then dropped to my knees and just kept saying thank you. Then I got up, got my dad's phone, have it to him, got dressed, and watched the video of us dancing, over, and over again. This really was the best night of my life, but will there be more for us? I hope to find out...

~~Thank you for this night~~
~~Thank you for this dance~~
~~Thank you for the moment I will never forget~~