9

9

Bree

After two weeks of hospitalization, needles and medicine and my mum's constant nagging, I was finally better and able to go home.

"Remember not to stay out in the rain again." the doctor called after me, grinning.

I laughed and promised not to. That became a joke of ours over these weeks.

My mother dropped me off at home so she could go grocery shopping. She didn't want me to go because she was afraid I would get sick again. So here I was, lying in bed absolutely bored out of my mind. I contemplated going outside but I was a little afraid. Could you blame me, I got needles stuck in my butt everyday for about 2 weeks. But then again, sitting here doing nothing wasn't healthy.

I weighed my 2 options and headed for my bag. I packed my camera and sketch book before heading downstairs. I wrote a quick note to my mother that told her where I was going and when I'd be back. I just hope she didn't worry too much. Stepping out into the warm spring air, I headed to the one and only place I felt completely at ease,

The park.

I pushed the gate back and headed to the one place the familiar tree I always sat at. This was the same spot my father and I used to play at, before he passed away. He died in a car accident when I was three so it doesn't really affect me that much but I miss him.

I sat cross legged underneath the tree and pulled out my camera, hoping to get some good shots after being cooped up for weeks. I got a couple shots of kids running around and of a squirrel on a bench. Putting that aside, I pulled out my sketch book and began drawing the people in the park. Ive been doing this for as long as I can remember. I'd draw then for as long as was possible and if I saw them again, I could finish. It was sort of like a log of who's been in the park.

I'm weird. Get over it.

I was shading the woman's nose when a dark shadow passed over my book. I looked up to see Mr. Evans.

"Your a pretty good drawer." He commented.

"Thank you Mr. Evans." I said politely.

"How good are you with the camera?" he asked, nodding towards it.

"Um, I'm pretty good I guess."

"Well lets find out!" he chuckled slightly. "Take a picture of me."

I stared at him skeptically.

"Okay."

"Is this okay?" he stood underneath a tree.

It would have been a good shot if it wasn't so dark. I shook my head no before directing him to a perfect spot. Putting the lens to my eye, I snapped his picture.

"There." I said, showing it to him.

"Wow! That's a fantastic job you did." he smiled at it.

I agreed with him and put my camera away. "I'll get these developed and give you your picture."

"No, no, keep it." he argued. "Keep it as a memento of how good you are at photography."

Mr. Evans checked his watch before sighing. "Looks like I gotta go, See you later Bree."

"Bye Mr. Evans." I called behind him as he waved.

He soon disappeared out of view and I at back down with my sketch book. Just as I was about to draw again, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Bree Annabeth Stokes! You get your butt home right now young lady before you get sick again." my mother screeched.

I sighed and put up my sketch book.

"Yes ma'am."