10

10

I walked out of the park, even though I wanted to stay, and headed home. My Bree was finally at the park and just seeing her calmed the demons that prowled in my mind. She looked quite charming today, in her over sized hoodie and her hair in a messy bun.

I took out the mini recorder I had and pressed the stop button. Now I could listen to her sweet angelic voice whenever I wanted. I know that this seems borderline creepy but it was the only thing that eased my mind. Besides, I wasn't doing anyone any harm and this would satisfy my urges for a while.

But will it be enough?

I unlocked my door and placed my recorder carefully on my bedside table. That way, I would remember where it was later on. I stripped out of my shoes and socks and placed them carefully in the corner. I did this everyday because I couldn't stand things being out of order.

Hopping into the bathroom, I took a hot shower before getting into bed. Even though it was only 4:00 at night, I was pretty tired. I cut on my recording of Bree and drifted to sleep to the sound of her voice.

Bree

I sulked all the way home. I loved my mother but sometimes her over protective ways got annoying. I was standing outside of my house debating on whether I should go in or not. I knew if I waited any longer, she would only call my phone non stop until I actually get inside the house. Signing, I pushed the door open.

"Hello mom." I called out as I made my way to the stairs.

"Bree! What were you thinking? You just got out of the hospital, do you want to go back?" she yelled.

"No." I said stubbornly," But I was bored and I love going to the park."

"You could've caught a cold and-"

I cut her off. "You can't keep sheltering me. I'm not a little kid anymore."

She let out a small squeak before nodding slowly. "Your right, I know your not little anymore but I still want to keep you safe."

"I know you do but I gotta live my own life."

She wiped away a few tears from her eyes before turning towards the kitchen.

"We're having Macaroni tonight."

I headed to my room without answering. Dropping my bag beside my desk, I pulled out my camera and hooked it up to my computer. I went through the pictures I took and started adding captions underneath them with this new software I downloaded recently. It allows me to make a scrapbook out of my pictures and I thought it was pretty cool. I got to the picture of Mr. Evans. This might be one of the best photos I've ever taken. It had just the right amount of shadows and light to give it a mysterious look. I titled it, "The Park Man" and left the caption blank.

"Dinners ready!" my mother called from downstairs.

"Coming," I yells back, jumping out of my chair.

Macaroni was one of my favorite foods. We sat at the table and talked about random things like the weather, sport, and whatever else.

"Have you decided what college you want to go to yet?" she asked before placing her fork in her mouth.

"Erm, not really." I said. "But I want to go to a college for some type of art."

She nodded. "Whatever you do is fine with me."