21

Bree's Mother POV

I slept on the couch that night, the one that was only a few feet away from the door and the house phone. That way, I would be able to answer them quickly just in case they had news about my daughter. Tears leaked out of my eyes as I prayed over and over for Bree's safety. I didn't wish vengeance on the man, not at all, because I knew that god would punish him in the way he knew he deserved. It was around 12:30 when I began to drift in and out if consciousness and that's when the phone rang. I jumped out of my half asleep state and picked up the phone. Voice tinted with sleep, I muttered a hello into the receiver.

"Yes, is this Bree's mother?"

"Yes." I sat up

"We would just like to notify you that we are on the trail of your daughter now. We found John Evans house completely empty but it showed signs that your daughter was there, according to DNA scans and other evidence."

My soul leaped for joy at this news. It meant that she was still alive and well and I was glad.

"have you found her location yet?" I whispered as my heart clutched together

" no ma'am we haven't but we believe them to be on the road. Please be patient with us as we try to investigate further."

I nodded before realizing that they couldn't see me. "I will, just please bring my daughter home safely."

"We'll try our best ma'am. Have a good night."

I placed the phone back on the receiver before lying back down. They would find her, I knew they would but until then, I just had to have f a i t h.

Closing my eyes, I replayed through my earliest memories of Bree as I fell asleep to the whispers in the trees.