part 17 the reason why...

the next morning

i woke up from the scent of eggs and bacon . I frowned . I live aline so this wasn't right. I looked next to me and saw a note on the other pillow. I took it and read it

note: hey sleepyhead, come downstairs, ive got a little surprise for you. xxx michael

then I remembered.last night I had a fight with michael, then he came to me and we talked about it. I mean , he did. I just lisstened.

I stretched , combed my hair and then went downstairs. I saw him in the kitchen, he was cooking. I smiled. that was so cute....

I watched him as he cooked, he was humming a song. suddenly he turned around and a smile formed on his face.

mike: hi sleepyhead! slept good?

I smiled

me: yes, I slept good! and you?

mike: I slept really good.

I walked over to him.

me: whatcha makin'?

I asked while I looked over at what he was doing.

mike: eggs and bacon. I tought you would be hungry.

I smiled and licked my lips. then I approached him and wrapped my arm around him strongly, pulling him in for a hug. he did the same.

we pulled back and I went over to the fridge. I took the orange juice and poured two glasses in.

I gave michael a glass.

he took it and drank from it.

he fixed 2plates and putted them on the table. we began eating.

he was such a good cook!!

me: hmm this is good!

mike: thank you.

he replied, smiling.

then I got a message on my phone.

it was Don.

the message said:

' hello Gia, I need you to come over to the house, so you can prove yourself to all of us. be here at 4.'

I looked at michael

me: I gotta go to the gang at 4.

before michael could answer , his phone went off.

he looked at the screen then at me.

mike: me too, I guess Don layed his eyes and mind on a big mission. probably drugs related.

me: do you guys have big operations?

mike: depends on it but yeah, mostly we do big operations . after all, we are the most feared gang in the world.

I grinned.

me: so, what do you guys do?

mike: oh girl, where do I start?

me: just tell me, ive got time.

mike: well, umm, we do errants for some people , we sell drugs, we rob stores and banks, we kill enemies .. other gangs.. we take care of other peoples personal things.. we rob other gangs and kill them, we even own a stripclub to earn money. but I don't come there alot. just somethimes if we are on a mission. we do alot of dark stuff.

I swallowed hard.

me: wow..... really? to who do you guys sell drugs?

mike : we sell to other dealers, all kinds of people. But we don't usually sell drugs to underaged teens and students.. Don wants us to but we don't. Don won't understand that it is bad for teenagers to use drugs and that it harms them, we told him but he won't lissten to us. all he cares about is the bussiness and the money. he doesn't care about the well being of people.

me: really, oh my .. that is so bad. I tought he was nice.

mike: well, you tought wrong.

me: damn , so how do you guys prevent that teenagers buy drugs from you guys?

mike: we ask identity cards, but Don doesn't know about that.

me: so, what kind of drugs do you sell?

he looked down, he was thinking

mike: uh, all kinds of drugs actually. we sell weed, XTC, heroine, cocaine, crack, pills, really all kinds.

I looked down.

me: oh, I see.

he looked at me.

mike: Gia? may I ask you something ?

me: sure michael.

mike: why did you join the gang?

I sighed.

me: I Don't know if I wanna tell you .

mike: do you trust me?

me :yes..

mike: well Gia, you need to talk about your problems sometime, I promise I won't tell anyone. I can keep secrets.

me: okay. uhm... well, when I was about 6 years old I  was playing hide and seek in the house with my parents. I hid in a closet and left the doors open a little to see when they would come, the bell suddenly rang. my dad opened the door . he came back walking backwards and right before him was a guy with a gun, he was pointing the gun at my dad. my mother stood right in front of the closet I was in. she looked at me

and told me to stay where I was. she went to the guys that were now in front of my dad. they were arguing and then they started stabbing my parents. they were screaming in pain. the guys laughed.

tears were now streaming down my cheeks as I told him my story.

his eyes were wet.

I continiued the story

me: they walked away, and the addest thing of all is that they took my little sister away. I never saw her again. I wouldn't even recognise her if I would see her. only one thing I will remember... her name. she was my age. she's probably killed. god knows what they did to her. I am part glad that I stayed in the closet, because Im still alive but my sister probably isn't I have a feeling of quilt. from the moment the gangsters were gone, I ran out of the closet and ran to my parents who were dying. they looked in my eyes and told me to take care of myself. I got a hug and kiss from them .. the last kiss and hug I ever got from them.  when I hugged my dad, his grip weakened and I looked at him. the last thing.he said was " Make me proud, I know you will, I love you"

then the lights in his eyes dissapeared. he died.

I looked at my mom and she grabbed me. we looked into each others eyes. she held my face and said " ill see you in heaven sweety, take care of yourself, this may seem like the end of the world for you, but sweety, never give up, I love you my angel.

I was crying. I told her that I loved her too, we hugged each other strongly, then just like my father her grip weakened, I looked in her eyes. the light in her eyes also faded. she too was dead.

I layed myself between them and started crying. everything I had just dissapeared in a few minutes. I was young but I was a smart kid. I understood what my mother meant . the next day my neighboor rang the bell, I went and opened the door. he knew something was wrong when he looked at my face. he knew me as a happy kid. he got on his knees , asking me what was wrong. I took him to the living room. he called 911 and he took care of me. I went to live on my own. I know the gang who killed my parents and took my sister "the dead dogs" I joined the gang to take revenge and this seemed the best way to do it..