4 {Conflict & Fatigue}

JAEHYUN'S P.O.V

I grabbed Minhee by her wrist. I wanted to volunteer to get the coffee instead, but, looking at her astonished face, my mind totally blanked out.

I wondered why she was so shocked. Well, I gotta admit she looked pretty cute with her eyes wide open and her lips slightly parted.

"Aren't you gonna get one for me too?" That was all I could come up with. Why am I so dumb?

"Yeah sure! What would you like?" Oh my god! I meant to ask her if I could come along too or take the initiative to purchase a cup of coffee for her.

"Americano would be nice," I replied. "Alright. Take a seat. I'll be right back before the meeting starts. Meanwhile, you could introduce yourself to the other members when they arrive."

Minhee then left me alone in the meeting room. I was unsure of what I'm supposed to do so I started looking around. Walking past a huge skeleton figure, I noticed a small card lying around on the marble floor. I picked it up and examined it, realising that it belonged to Minhee. It was her staff card.

Just then, a few doctors walked into the meeting room. "Hello. Fancy seeing you here. What are you doing?" one of the doctors said.

"Hello. I'm Jaehyun, the new member of this research team." I saw Minhee at the door, struggling to push it open as she held on to two cups of burning coffee.

I went straight towards the door and pulled it open for her. "Thanks," she responded. "You're welcome. Thanks for the coffee too."

"Dr Seo, this Jaehyun is in our research team?" I know why they shun me away most of the time. I appear to be a playboy in the hospital. What can I do when nurses fall head over heels for me? I may always look ecstatic when ladies approach me but I was only pacifying them. Well, they don't know that I keep personal matters aside when it comes to work. I guess the doctors and I need time to sort things out and let me have a chance to clarify myself.

"Yes he is," she replied. "Do you have any problems, Mr Kim?"

"No I don't. Just wondering why there would be a sudden addition of a member in our already fine team." I can totally see through Dr Kim. He definitely doesn't like me that much as a colleague.

"Okay, everyone please take a seat. We shall start with this meeting." I sat back down at my seat and stared at Minhee while she was trying to connect the two ends of the wire from her laptop to the projector.

YOUR P.O.V

"Now, as you guys can see, from the statistics shown, the population suffering from congenital heart disease is slowly increasing. The upper level has already instructed us to step up our game. Has anyone managed to find anything?"

"Since congenital heart disease has something to do with the structure of the heart, we can just operate on the patients or do a heart transplant." Dr Kim voiced out his opinion.

"But not everyone is willing to do a heart transplant, because it literally means death to the donor." I saw Dr Kim rolling his eyes while looking away from Jaehyun who just rebutted his view.

I honestly don't understand what Dr Kim is thinking about. Why is he hating on Jaehyun? How do I calm this tense atmosphere down?

"Okay. I want to see a report done about what you have researched about by the next meeting. Include a possible cure. Email it to me before the next meeting so I can skim through before I address any issues when we meet. Meeting dismissed."

I packed up after finishing my piece and headed back to my office. I'm staying the night in the hospital again, so I could take over the night shift from Dr Park, who has been slogging his guts out downstairs.

I thought I could take a little nap before I proceed downstairs to start my night shift. I went to the on-call room and laid out the blanket. And, out of all times, I felt like doing a wee. I then went towards the washroom which was located on the other end of the corridor.

When I was done, I realised someone else was sleeping on the only vacant bunk bed that "belonged" to me. Urgh how I hate my life! As I went closer, I realised it was Jaehyun.

He had to take my bed away from me again. My eyelids were really heavy and I was ready to drop. So, left with no choice, I went ahead to a desk that was in the same on-call room and lay my head down on my arms. As soon as I did that, I was out like a light.

A/N:
Hey guys! I'm back again! I have so much fun writing this book but I just can't find the time to keep typing and do frequent updates. Leave comments guys! I'm always happy to read them and I always try my best to reply! You will be mentioned somewhere in the book if you're an active reader so keep a watch out for that! Remember to vote too! See yall in my next chapter! Bye!

Current Obsession:
ASTRO - Again