cinco

"What do you mean by beasts?" I asked, able to push through and gain back my voice. It was weak and quiet, but he heard me. I knew he heard me.

"We aren't human. Somewhat, we are. We look human but we aren't."

"Not to be judgemental or anything, but that makes absolutely no sense at all." Rosen chuckled at me softly.

"I know it sounds crazy." He said, raising an eyebrow. "Maybe it's easier if I show you." He rose out of his seat, putting his hand out for me to grab.

"You really think I want to go anywhere with you after what just happened? You must be pretty crazy." I said, grabbing his hand.

"Well, by the looks of it we both are." 

He smiled at me which I did not return. His smile quickly disappeared, replaced with a small frown. Pain gathered in my chest, sinking my heart down. I caused his frown, his sadness to appear.

Rays of light shot through the trees ahead, landing gracefully on our skin. The sun, sinking into the night had transformed the sky into a cotton candy colour. Absolutely marvellous. But not like the man standing beside me. His masculine scent had flown around me. 

"Have you ever heard of werewolves?" Rosen asked, tightening his much larger hand around mine. His grip held fear. He did not want to let go of me.

"You mean like in the stories?" I looked up at him. As I watched him speak, I could not hear him. I  stared into his eyes, they were enthralling. Every fine detail was intensified as the sunset in front of us. Golden flecks surrounding the pupil were dominating, almost hiding his vivid green iris. 

"I assume so." He replied, glancing down at me. "Although I can tell you some details are most likely off a bit." 

Suddenly coming to a halt, I bumped into Rosen's muscular back. Without him turning around, he lets out a chuckle as I rub my nose.

"You alright there?" He grabbed my hand with his, sending tingles to run throughout my body. "I know I'm good looking, but you don't have to get distracted all the time when with me." 

I scoffed, shrugging my shoulders loosely and let go of Rosen's hand. I crossed my arms over my chest which caused my chest to raise up. Rosen turned around with a chuckle before freezing up. He glanced down from my face to my chest and back up. Without a word, he narrowed his eyes at me, small hints on red in his eyes as he spoke huskily. 

"Never do that again. Ever." His tone affected me like no other sending heat through my body and more specifically on my lower region. Breathing heavily, he knew he affected me. 

He knew he affected me. Taking a step forward, he pulled me to him. My chest up against his, feeling his breath on my lips as he looked down at me. I watched his eyes as he brought up his left hand to pin back my hair behind my ear. 

"Do I make myself clear?" He whispered gently to me. My heart had stopped beating and my breathing had stilled. I was a goner for sure because of his man.

Nodding quickly, not trusting my voice he gave me a short smirk. Still staring down at me, Rosen lowered his face to my ear. 

"Next time, answer me with words." He said. Rosen moved backward away from me before continuing to walk onwards. My breathing still irregular I was planted firming in my spot. My legs shaking from the interaction. "You coming?" 

I jumped in my spot before rushing after him. If there was one thing for certain, I did not want to be alone in this forest. 

°°°

The night sky was lit up with hundreds and thousands of glowing stars. They shone brightly above us, twinkling together almost connecting as one. The moon was ahead, leading the way and lit up our path.