ocho

*TW BLOOD MENTION AND FORCEFUL TOUCH*

"Evelyn, where are you?" My father asked over the phone. I could hear him walking around on the other side of the line. "Please tell me where you are?"

"I'm safe, don't worry."

"Don't do this cupcake, tell me."

I looked over to Rosen who had his head down. He was standing, leaning against his work desk. Fiddling with his fingers and not looking at me at all. I placed the phone on my shoulder putting on head on it to keep the phone in place. I reached over and grabbed his hand with mine.

"Dad, please tell mum I love her." I took a deep breath. Rosen looked up and met with my eyes. "I am okay, I'm with a friend."

Silence fell from the other side of the call. I could hear breathing but no other sound. Wide eyes from Rosen stared at me. His bright green eyes bounced from red and green. Waiting for a reaction from either of the men in my life was nerve-racking, 

"Dad?"

"Well, okay. What's their name?"

"Rosen." I smiled at Rosen as his dorky grin grew. 

"I hope he's treating you well. Better be treating you like a princess." 

°°°

Walking through the pack grounds with Rosen was different from walking by myself. The other people would usually just stare at me, hardly approve me or just ignore me. It was as if I was non-existent. 

With Rosen, it was the opposite. Well, almost the opposite.

"Alpha, I was wondering if you were able to come by tonight and visit after dinner." A young woman said as she ran her middle finger down her arm.

"Annabelle, I am not interested," Rosen said, grabbing my hand and walking past her.

"Well, Rosen have you been working out?" 

Ignoring the other woman, we kept walking. A few spoke to me, saying hello and asking how I was. My heart warmed as I felt as if I was being finally accepted here.  That I wasn't just a burden. I let go of Rosen's hand, feeling comfortable enough to be on my own.

"Danny! Hey!" Rosen called out, speeding up to meet with a guy who was having a conversation with a young woman. A beautiful, young woman. 

I slowed down, taking smaller steps each time as I felt my insecurities build up. To both my grateful and yet heart-tugging surprise, he kept walking at the same pace not realizing I was slowing. Soon enough, I came to a complete stop and he kept walking. Talking to the much more beautiful woman, he laughed and tucked her hair behind her ears. 

"Are you free tonight, Mr Alpha?" My breathing stopped as I waited for his answer. He smiled at the woman and joined their hands together.

"For you, always."

My heart broke. Falling below my stomach. Confusion fluttered around in my head, was he flirting with her? I thought we were together? Did he forget that I'm here as if I didn't exist? 

Shaking my head, I stood proud. No more.

I walked up to Rosen and the two strangers with a big smile on my face. He reached out to grab my head but I grasped mine together behind my back. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him frowning.

"Hi, I'm Evelyn," I spoke with such confidence.

"I'm Danny and this is my sister Kelsey." 

Kelsey smiled with such a perfect smile, her eyes lit up with glee.