siete

"I want to call my parents."

Rosen looked up from his paperwork that was scattered across his desk. I was lounging across the seats opposite him, spreading my legs over the two seats. His eyes narrowed at me.

"Okay."

"You're okay with that?" I asked widening my eyes. My eyes shot up to his as I watched him nod slowly. "As in, one hundred percent okay?"

"It is your family." He answered, moving his attention back to his paperwork. Speechless, I kept silent as I had no way to respond. "You can do as you please."

I nodded my head. I let out a soft laugh under my breath barely loud enough. Due to his super hearing powers, he heard me laughing and looked up.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"You're were so controlling over the last few days and now you're not," I said, laughing softly to myself. I covered my mouth with my hand to hold back the giggles.

"You honestly make no sense to me, Eve. One minute you're screaming at me for taking you away from everyone and the next you're laughing because I'm protective?" He leant back in his chair and crossed his arms over another. "You're strange."

"Good or bad strange?" 

"I haven't figured that out yet." I gasped before leaning over the desk and lightly smacked his left arm. He moved his right arm in front of his face as we laughed together. The playful banter between the two of us eased the tension radiating from only me.

"Why do you change moods so quickly?" I frowned at him. His tone was as if he was confused but his face showed he was annoyed with it.

"What do you mean?" 

"I didn't mean it like that." I scoffed at him, such a typical thing to say. "Really? I want to know."

"I don't change moods that fast if anything you do." I stood up and placed my hands on my hips. "You can be a real asshole, you know that right?"

Rosen let out a groan. Running his fingers through his hair, he let out a sigh. His eyes pierced into mine. Emotions that I did not know of ran throughout his eyes as they jumped all around my face. 

"You know I didn't mean it like that. I just want to know if it's mental-"

"If you say a mental disorder I'm going to walk right out of this room." He pressed his lips together. Narrowing my eyes, I stood a step away from him. "Jerk."

I turned around and headed for the door. Thoughts clouded my mind, blocking out Rosen calling for me. Not wanting to see him anymore, I walked out of the room and slammed the door behind me. 

"Eve!" 

I kept walking away from him. 

I always walk away. When things get better, I always ruin it somehow. 

°°°

"Sweetheart, you really could have handled the situation better," Mary-Anne spoke to me as she gently ran her fingers over the flower's petals. She started to pour the can over, letting a few drops of water fall out. "He is a boy after all."

"I know that it's just that-"

"He makes you mad? Angry?" She looked over at me with an eyebrow raised. "Horny?"

"Mary!" She let out a chuckle, moving onto the next set of flower beds. 

"Sweetheart, I've known this boy for my whole life. He isn't bright. In fact, he is barely smart at all." She turned to look at me, placing her hands on her hips. "But the point is because you're smarter, you have to be the person who doesn't lose their cool. You are also the female so we are the peacemakers of it all."

Upon running off away from Rosen, I accidentally bumped into Mary-Anne causing her to lose her balance. The elderly woman fell to the ground, her gardening equipment scattered everywhere. She laughed off the incident as I continuously apologized repeatedly. 

"What do I do though?" I fiddled with my fingers, sitting on the bench between the flower beds. "I don't want to leave him considering I'm his mate or whatever it was. Although I do miss my family."

"Well, how about you make a positive and a negative list for staying here?" Mary sat down next to me, grabbing my hands to stop them from shaking. "That way, you can see the benefits of staying here with us." 

I stared at Mary-Anne, my eyes moving from one of her brown eyes to the other. Her dark chocolate brown skin was flawless, the woman looked no older than thirty although she had told me her age previously. No one would guess she was fifty-eight. 

Nodding my head, she smiled at me. Perfectly white teeth shined brightly at me. Giggling to herself, she jumped up from the bench and continued watering the plants, humming a song to herself. 

"Just so you know, if you don't want to see Rosen yet you might want to get going. He'll be here soon to ask if I've seen you." She paused and turned to face me. A big smile planted on her face and her eyes sparkling with amusement. "I won't tell him I saw you." 

"Thank you, I owe you." Standing up, I reached out for a hug. Thankfully, Mary returned the hug, squeezing me tightly. 

"Mary!" 

"Get going girl." She whispered to me before breaking the hug. Nodding my head, I walked off through the flower beds. Without being too far gone away from here I heard Rosen talking to Mary.

"Have you seen her?"

"No, sorry Rosen." There was a slight pause before she continued speaking. "You have to be careful. One of these days she'll leave and won't come back."

"I know."

°°°

A phone fell onto my lap, covering the book I was reading. Frowning, I looked up to see who had interrupted my reading. 

"Rosen."

He sat down where my feet were on the lounge. Lifting them up, he put them on his lap before running his fingers gently across my shins. His piercing eyes burned into mine. Without breaking eye contact he lifted the phone from my book and held out his other hand for mine. Slowly he put the phone in my hand.

"Call them." 

Breaking the eye contact, I punched in the numbers I grew familiar with overtime. Lifting the phone to my ear I heard the ringing begin. 

"What if they don't answer?" I whispered, staring at him. 

"Their loss." 

The agonizing torture of them not answering made my heart rate pick up. Hands shaking and biting my lip, Rosen moved from my feet and sat behind me. Pulling me to him, letting my back rest on his chest. 

"Hello?" Swallowing my fear, I whispered into the phone as Rosen's grip on me tightened.

"Hi Dad." 

©prettyprincess20102

A little bit of a filler but the next chapter will be coming out shortly. Hope you are liking it so far! Remember to vote and comment please!

X K