Um, my daughter?

“Aha! Check mate, mate!” Tom exclaimed happily as he won another game of chess. Jay gritted his teeth in frustration.

Why is always beating me? I need to win, at least one game!

Before Jay could declare another match, Nicole grabbed his arm gently.

“Don’t you think you’ve had enough chess for a day? This is literally like the 7th game you’ve played. Take a break,” she purred. Jay sighed, wagging a finger at Tom.

“We will have a rematch!” He declared before getting up from his seat and following Nicole to their room.

Tom chuckled, shaking his head. “Maybe next time you’ll beat me, eh?” That was typical Tom, the joker, the one who never failed to make a person smile. His life was great; he had a great girlfriend, wonderful friends, and a successful music career. Nothing could ruin this life. He loved it.

“Ashlee, I’m thirsty,” Tom whined, feeling how dry his throat was.

Ashlee shook her head, her brown hair shaking in rhythm. “Tom, why can’t you get it?”

Tom looked down at the seat he was sitting in, crossing his legs. “I’m…..comfortable. I really don’t feel like moving.”

“Tom…..that’s lazy,” Ashlee sighed; she knew that Tom was a lazy bum on the outside, but an energetic boy on the inside. “I’ll get you your usual!”

Tom smiled, pleased with himself. His girlfriend was so caring and helpful.

“Thanks, Ash!” He heard a grumble and knew she was not that happy about getting him something when he could have easily had. She returned from the kitchen with a glass of apple juice. My favorite drink, Tom thought happily as she set it down on the table.

“Well….hopefully you’re happy with this, yes?” Ashlee’s lips were in a thin line, but she knew she couldn’t hold it in for long. Eventually, she broke out into laughter.

“Ah…see you can’t be mad at me forever!” Tom teased, sipping his drink.

“You are so right, Tom-ster,” she smiled.

“Ew, can I have a better nickname?” Tom stuck his tongue out. Ashlee shrugged, racking her brain for nicknames.

Ding dong!

“What’s that?” Max shouted as he moved from his position on the couch next to Megan. “I’ll get it!” He exclaimed, his feet padding against the marble floor. He slid on his socks, grabbing the golden door knob.

Tom curiously got up from his seat, walking to the door. “Mm…..Tom, come here, it’s for you, mate!” Tom was slightly confused about what Max would think is for him. He hadn’t of ordered anything offline, and the fans didn’t know their secret hideout.

“What is it-“   Tom cut his sentence off as a little girl with the most gorgeous brown eyes stared up at him? She had to be at least five or six. Her hair was a dark brown, and she wore a floral print dress with flip flops.

“Hello,”   she squeaked.

Tom poked his head out the door, looking from side to side knowing surely that this girl had a parent or older sibling.

“Hey! Where’s your mom?” Tom scratched the back of his neck as she let out a little giggle.

“You’re my father, sir.”

Tom knitted his eyebrows together, looking back at a shocked Max and wide-eyed Ashlee. “Excuse me, but what did you say?”

“I’m your daughter, Louisa!” She chirped, excitedly. “I’ve been waiting for some time to meet you!”