Stage Five

Stage Five

Daytime came and I felt the ray of sunshine beam on my face. I didn't dream last night like I hoped I would. I got up and got dressed. I opened my inventory and equipped my sword. It was a blue crystal color. My highest level sword. I walked outside and I saw everyone standing on a pad in the center of town. Ana was signaling me to hurry. I ran towards them and stood on the pad. "Took you long enough. You ready?" Rosa asked. "Yeah. I'm ready." I said.

"Josh. Would you do the honors?" Levi asked. I nodded. "Transport: Floor Seven." I said. A blue light appeared under us as we were transported into the dungeon. It was a little scary to say the least. "Ok. Let's move out." Levi said. We began to walk further into the dungeon as nothing came our way. "This is starting to get boring. Can we leave?" Hannah said. "Not yet. We need to keep moving." Steven said. I spotted a small room with a chest in the middle.

"This looks familliar..." I thought to myself. "Cool! Free stuff!" Rosa said. She ran in the room and everyone soon followed. I went inside as well even though I had a really bad feeling in the pit of my gut. Then it hit me. This room that we were in was a trap. "Don't touch that chest!!" I shouted. But it was too late. Steven opened the chest and the room turned red. The door closed and wouldn't open. This room was sealed tight. "This isn't good." I said. "Weapons free!" Levi shouted. Everyone pulled out their blades except Ana who looked too terrified to move.

"What's gonna happen to us?" Rosa asked. "Whatever it is it won't be good." Levi said. Three doors opened and a group of monsters came out of them. They all were a level 13. "This really isn't good." I said. They all charged at us and we stood our ground. We fought hard but eventually the monsters separated us. Then I saw a figure in one of the doors with orange hair. It was long as well. "Make sure that none of them live." The figure said. The doors closed and my attention went back to the fight.

My blade clashed with the monsters and they fell one by one. I had masked my level to an 8 so I wasn't gonna do much damage until after a few hits. Then I heard a scream. Rosa fell to the ground and was stabbed. Her body dissapeared. She had died. I began to fight harder and faster. Then Steven and Levi fell. I watched as their HP drained to zero and they dissapeared. "No...not like this!" I said. I fought even harder. I looked up and saw Hannah fly through the air and hit the wall. She dissapeared in an explosion of crystals.

"If they are gone....then that means....." I though too slow and saw Ana collaps to the ground. That made me tick. I unmasked my level back up to a 37 and completly took out every single monster. Once the last one was defeated the room turned back to normal. I fell to my knees and my blade broke to pieces. I looked at Ana and she was on the edge of death. "She's not gonna last long unless I do something now." I said. Her HP was at 1%. I opened up the chest and saw an emergency transport cube and a Max Health Potion.

"Score!" I said. I grabbed them both and transported me and Ana back home. I layed her down on the couch and used the potion on her. "Please work." I said. The cube broke and I saw Ana's HP recovered slowly. "Thank god." I said. She was still asleep so I sat on the couch next to her. Still trying to unsee what I just witnessed. Our whole guild....gone in a matter of seconds. I should have told them my level. My true level. Maybe then this wouldn't have happened.

Maybe they would all still be here. Maybe I wouldn't feel alone again. But I know I wasn't alone. Ana was still here. But the question is....how will we survive?