Stage Twelve

21st Floor Lion Hearts (March 2020, 3:50 PM)

We walked with Nick to his hedquarters of The Lion Hearts. It was really big on the outside. And the inside looks like it could almost be made of glass and gems. "This place looks epic!" Ana said. "Yeah. Pretty big. How many people are in this guild?" I asked. "About 32 players. Including the high counsel." Nick said. "Sounds interesting." I said. "You can go and explore if you like." Nick said. Ana looked at me. "Go ahead." I said. "Don't have to tell me twice." Ana said. She took off running. "As for you. The high counsel wants to talk to you." Nick said.
"So much for running for the kitchen." I said. Nick began to walk and I soon followed. We entered a room and saw five people sitting at the front of it. All I could see were their names. "High counsel. I bring you the player." Nick said. "Ah yes. The one that the legend for told of." A man said. "Ok I'm lost. What's going on here?" I asked. "We are the leaders and founders of this guild. Whatever we say goes. We are here to welcome you. And thank you for helping in our fight." The leader said.
"Ok then." I said. I took a good look at him. His XP was crypted. I couldn't read it but all I could make out of it were three numbers. 'Theres no way. No one in SAO had ever achived a triple didget number. Something isn't right.'
"We have a mission for you. And you'll be going with our intern instead of Ana." The leader said. "How do you know Ana?" I asked. "I can see who's in your party." The leader said. "Well you shouldn't. My parties are always private." I said. "Don't question the leaders ways. That's how you'll get yourself killed." A voice said. It was familiar. A girl came from around the corner. She had orange hair....like the figure I saw when me and Ana lost our guild.
"The names Christina. I'll be working with you for a little while instead of Ana." Christina said. I looked at her and a bad feeling hit the pit of my stomach. 'Nothingh here makes since.'
"Let's go. We have a very important mission to do." Christina said. I nodded and we walked out of the mansion. We were in the forest and Christina took a pause. "What's our mission anyway?" I asked. "Do you know what our guild is about Josh?" Christina asked. "No exactly." I said. "Well we are all about unity and self-earnings. We don't let anyone interfere with any of our plans. So we take out the competition." Christina said. "Huh. Ok then. So what's your competition?" I asked nervously. "Beta Players." Christina said. By the moment I could turn around I found a blade coming through my chest. I gasped.
"W-what!" I said. I looked and saw my health bar draining fast. I tried to scream but she covered my mouth shut. She moved the blade deeper in me and my health drained even faster. I tried to reach for my blade but I could barely move. "Time for you to die Beta." Christina said. I was losing energy. I could barely see straight. I dropped my arms as my health almost hit zero. Then the blade came from my chest and I fell to the ground. "How.....am I still alive?" I asked. Ana came and kneeled next to me. She gave he a health potion and I was back to full health.
"You're a stubborn little one aren't you? I'll finish you both off myself." Christina said. I stood up and grabbed my sword. Christina charged at me but I blocked her shot. Then Ana came from under her and pushed her back. She stood above her. "Would you really kill someone. Would you really become a murderer?" Christina said. Ana stopped in her tracks. She hesitated. I saw Christina pull out a small dagger. I leaped in front of Ana and caught her wrist and stabbed her in the heart.
I watched as her health bar instantly drained to zero. "You....actually....." Christina said as she dissapeared. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I actually killed another player. But it didn't cross my mind. I had to or else I would lose Ana. I fell on my knees and dropped my blade. "I....killed someone." I said. Ana came up to me and hugged me. "Thank you....so much Josh." Ana said. "I'm really sorry about all of this. I should have told you what was going on." I said. Ana kissed me. It was a soft and gentle kiss. She broke off. "That's for saving me." Ana said. The next second she slapped me.
It hurt so bad it drained 2% of my health. "What was that for!?" I said. "That's for not telling me where you were going!" Ana said with a smile.