Credence

The past few days had been extremely confusing for Credence.

Caoimhe had brought him to her home, wrapped him up in blankets, had her father check up on him, made him some hot chocolate and butter beer, and her mother had offered him a place to stay. Credence was confused by their behavior. No one had ever treated him like this. Did they know about his dark past? Did they know about the monster that lurked inside of him?

But his feelings towards Caoimhe were the most confusing. He felt oddly protective over her. He constantly hovered nearby her, determined to protect her from any danger that would dare come her way. Caoimhe never complained about this. Whenever she looked at him, he felt a warm rush of tingles take over his body. It was peculiar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tina opened the door to Newt's apartment to find him reading a letter. "Is everything okay?" she asked, leaning over to read with him.

"Dear Newt,

A few hours ago, Credence Barebone came to our home, sick and hungry. We cared for him, but he keeps asking for you and Tina. I was wondering how willing you were to come back down and visit.

Love,

Mum"

Tina looked up at Newt, her face full of shock. Newt sat down on a couch and rested his face in his hands. "It's my fault, Tina. It's my fault that he keeps suffering. I wish I had saved Credence while I could. I wish-" "Newt, it's not your fault. Credence is okay for now. When we visit, you'll see," Tina said, trying to be encouraging. Newt smiled at her, but it was evident that he was still upset.