Prep-Time

Raula stepped into the classroom, now dressed in Daybreak Academy's uniform. Yukio couldn't help but stare at her. She was beautiful. He didn't realize that he was blushing until Rin nudged him. He was starting to get tired of the smirk that played across Rin's face.

"Sorry I'm late. I'm glad all of you could make it." said Raula "As you all know; this class is coming from the America Branch's learning curriculum. No offense, but it's truly needed. Judging by how much damage the school and surrounding area has taken. I chose you guys because you all are already battle tested. From what I heard, you all did well in those situations. This leads me to tell you about an upcoming mission that will take place next week. Over the next couple of days, we will be preparing for it. Is there any more questions? Yes, Ryuji."

"How strong is the demon?"

"According to the mission dossier, it's a midlevel demon. As far as what it is, that's still an unknown factor. I'll try to collect more intel on it. Any more questions? They can be about anything. Yes, Shima."

"What school is that uniform from because it's pretty."

"Thank you for the compliment. It's Daybreak Academy's. It's True Cross's sister school. I was able to study and become an exorcist at the same time. Any other questions? Yukio, you look like you have something to say."

"I do. I think everyone here wants to know about that mark on your chest"

Her hand automatically went up to her chest as she thought about her words.

"You've gotten observant over the years. I like that about people." Yukio blushed at this as Raula continued. She told them about the process and why it was so special. Fear and astonishment could be seen on everyone's faces as she relieved her experience.

"How could you let them do that to you?" asked Konekumaru. "You said that the process is dangerous and painful."

"It's both of those things, but it's a rite of passage that is an honor for anyone that goes through it. Of course, I was scared, but I felt nothing but pride once I had it."

"It sounds stupid to me." said Izumo.

"That wasn't a nice thing to say." said Sheimi.

"It's okay. I know it seems like a strange tradition to those on the outside, but I assure you that every country has its own set of customs and traditions. Now back to the task at hand. I want to see if you all are any good at strategy. So, I'm handing out a scenario activity to do this weekend. You won't be graded on this, I just want to see how well you can think. Yukio, would you like one?"

"Sure, thank you."

"Class dismissed. We'll start preparing next week. If you need help, you know where to find me and if you would like to, you can help one another. If you chose that option, please note it. I'll see all of you Monday.

~Time Skip~

~The Following Week~

Raula's class went off without a hitch. It was a combined class that had practical application, which was Rin's favorite because he could blow off some steam. The other part was where they talked strategy. As they discussed the weekend activity, she saw that everyone had varying ideas for the same scenarios. She had to give them credit, they were on the right track. Yukio decided to sit in on her classes as it was after his. He liked watching her teach. Her way of teaching was interactive. Tonight's class was centered around the upcoming mission tomorrow night.

"That's all for today class." Raula said. "Before you leave I would like to remind you that our mission is tomorrow night. You will be shadowing my team and I during the mission. If things get hairy you can step in. Yukio, I'm leaving that decision up to you."

"Okay." said Yukio.

"Remember that the current strategy can change depending on the situation. Now, go and rest tonight. You're going to need your strength."

After the class left Yukio and Raula decided to walk home together. What these two didn't know is that they were being followed by Mephisto.

'What was that presence just now. I guess it was nothing, it disappeared.'

"Raula, is everything okay? You seem distracted." asked Yukio.

"Oh, it's nothing. Anyway, I've missed talking to you." said Raula as they reached her dorm room. "I know both of us have been super busy. You can come in by the way."

"Thank you and I feel the same way." said Yukio sitting on her bed. "Can I ask you a random question?"

Raula nodded signaling for him to continue.

"Are you okay with Rin and I being what we are? I mean I know that we haven't seen each other in a while, but I want to know how you feel."

"You should know that I accept you two. I care about you both. What brought this on?"

"Nothing brought it on. I just remember that when Rin had used his powers during our training camp and it took everyone awhile to trust him again. I only just recently made the change, so I didn't have to go through what he went through. I was just worried because I know how society fe......"

He was stopped mid-sentence by Raula kissing him. As the kiss deepened, she eased into his lap and gently bit his bottom lip. She took this opportunity to slide her tongue inside his month. Running out of air, they broke the kiss to breath.

"That's how I feel. Just so you know, there's a part of me that only a few others know about and I'm too scared to reveal it just yet. I hope that you don't have to see it. If you do, please promise me that you won't hate me."

As Yukio was about to answer, the sound of the front opening alerted them that Rin was home. Raula looked sad at this.

"I guess you have to go back to your room."

"Yeah."

"Okay. I got homework to email tonight anyway. I'll see you at dinner.

Yukio just nodded and left. He leaned on the door as he blushed madly trying to catch his breath. When he entered the dorm room, Rin was shocked to see that he was late getting there. As Rin thought about this, he noticed that Yukio's face was red.

"How'd I beat you? You usually get here before I do and why is your face red?" asked Rin.

"Nothing's wrong plus I was walking with Raula." Yukio said straightening himself up.

"Oh. I think I know what happened. You two got a little hot and heavy, didn't you?"

"WHAT! NO! It wasn't like that.... it's just good to see that she feels the same way."

"What was that? You were mumbling."

"Nothing, go get dinner started."

"Okay."

After Rin left, Yukio got changed for dinner and laid on his bed to cool himself. He couldn't believe that she had gotten that bold over the years.

'I'm going to ask her out after tomorrow's mission.' He thought while smirking to himself. 'I wonder what part of herself she hasn't revealed to me yet.'