A Ball and an Announcement

Three months have passed since the conversation between Yukio and Mr. and Mrs. Strife. It also has been three months since he and Raula got together. Only a few people knew about the relationship and rumors were swirling around the regular high school between the girls from his class. He was happy and didn't let their unhappiness ruin his day. This month was special because the annual exorcist ball that was thrown by the Strife family was three weeks away.

"Okay class that's all for today. While you're packing up your things I have an announcement." Raula said leaning against the desk in front of the classroom.

"What is it Mrs. Strife?" asked Sheimi.

"Well, in three weeks' time my family is throwing their annual exorcist ball. It's a formal get together where exorcists from all over the world mingle together in one room. Usually my parents have it in the U.S., but this year they chose to have it here in Japan. They wanted me to tell you all that you're invited to attend."

"Really? That was nice of them." said Konekumaru.

"Can I invite my friend Paku?" said Izumo. "I mean she was a page before she left."

"Sure, the more the merrier. Remember, it's a formal event. Guys must wear a suit and ladies wear formal dresses. Before I forget, there will be an announcement at the beginning of the ball so be ready for the news. With that being said, class is dismissed."

No one noticed, but when she was talking about the special announcement she briefly looked at Yukio. He knew the secret and he was sworn to secrecy.

~Three Weeks Later~

The night of the ball had come and everyone was excited. Raula had left earlier in the day to help her family finish the preparations. She told everyone that she would be sending a car to pick everyone up at the Okumura's dorm. Everyone was dressed and ready when the Okumura brothers came downstairs. Yukio wore a white suit with his exorcist badge pinned to the jacket, Rin wore a black suit with a red tie, Ryuji wore a navy suit with a blue tie, Shima wore a black suit with a pink tie, Konekumaru wore a black suit with a green tie, Nemu also wore a black suit with a yellow tie, Sheimi wore a dark pink dress, Izumo wore a purple dress, and Paku wore a mint green dress.

"I see everyone's here." said Yukio. "Has the car gotten here yet?"

"Yes." said Shima. "I wanna know how rich her family is because how can her family have two estates and send a limo to pick us up?"

"Well if you research the Strife family you'll see that they have had exorcists dating back to the Civil War era in the United States. So, you can literally say she comes from 'old money'. You would never know it because she doesn't show it off."

"I see."

"Okay everyone let's go to the party.

During the car ride to the Strife's second home, everyone talked amongst themselves. Unknown to Yukio, Sheimi couldn't take her eyes off him. Rin, on the other hand, saw this and couldn't help but feel jealous. He knew that she didn't know about Yukio and Raula dating, but he dropped the issue forming a plan of his own. At the Strife's estate, the party was in full swing when they arrived. Yukio told them to stay out of trouble during the party. The music stopped and everyone in attendance gathered under the staircase. A collective applause could be heard as the Strife family descended the staircase. Mr. Strife wore a black suit with a light blue tie while his wife wore a matching dress. Raula's sister wore a red dress while her husband wore a black suit with a red tie. Her older brother wore a white suit with an orange tie while his fiancée wore a matching dress and Raula's younger brother wore a black suit with a silver tie. The only person that was missing from the group was Raula herself.