Plans

*Yukio's POV*

The following week had passed by quickly since I asked Raula out and closer Saturday got, the more nervous I got. This is the first date I've been on and I didn't know what to expect. Since she loves sweets I chose a coffee shop as our first date. As nervous as I am, I realized that I haven't even told Rin yet and I don't think I don't want to, at least not yet. If told him, the whole world will know, before we could get serious. Plus, the promise is still hanging over Raula and I. That promise is something that I want to see happen to us and I don't want anything to ruin it. Tonight, Rin and I are waiting for Raula to come back from the meeting she was having with Mephisto and the U.S. Branch head. We're having dinner together and while Rin was helping Ukobach with the cooking, I was setting the table. When we finished, Raula was just making her way back. Rin and I turn our heads to the sound of the front door opening and closing. Raula walks in with a tired look on her face.

"Hi guys." said Raula yawning.

"Hey Raula." said Rin.

"How was the meeting?" I asked.

"Irritating." Raula huffed. "I don't see how you two can deal with Mephisto. He acted like it was no big deal that we could've died and that we needed a lot more people for that mission than we had. Mrs. Rochester read my mission report and even though it was a phone meeting, I could just feel the evil aura coming from her. Saying she wasn't very happy doesn't cut it. She was glad that we won and came out of it with just a few injuries, but it was too risky. Mephisto gave her the same crappy excuse that he gave me and I could tell that that sent her over the edge. She told him that she wasn't removing us from our post, but that he was on thin ice with her."

"I'm glad you got through it okay." I said.

"I am too, so I see you guys made dinner. Let's eat before it gets cold." Raula said picking up her chopsticks.

During dinner, I can't help but glace over at Raula. She laughs with us even though she's exhausted. It takes me back to when we would eat together as kids. She and her mother would cook for us even though they were the guest. I remember her cooking as being something special. It had the power to bring everyone in the monastery together. She and her family were a part of my family and I wouldn't prefer it in any other way. After we finished, she helped us clean the kitchen.

"Raula, can you help me with my homework tomorrow? Yukio's assignment is impossible." asked Rin.

"No, its not." I said to Rin. "You just don't want to read."

"I can't, but I can help you get started tonight." answered Raula.

"Okay, but why not tomorrow? I mean you're usually free on Saturday's."

"I know, but I have other engagements tomorrow. Go get your homework and I'll be in your room in a second."

"Okay"

When Rin left, Raula and I stood in the hallway and talked for a while.

"Great save." I said to her.

"It was the truth." She replied. "Just to let you know, I'm excited about tomorrow. You know I turned down a lot of guys back home holding out hope that I'll see you again."

"Really?"

"Yep. It gets annoying when people throw themselves at you without getting to know you first."

"I understand that well enough. Let's go, I know that he's waiting for you to come and help him. I'll be in the room to grading papers."

"Okay."

With that, we walked to my room where Rin was waiting for her. While she was helping him, I texted her the directions to the coffee shop and told her to meet me there.