4 ➳ The Duel

||Third Person||

||Third Person||

:August 27th 2016:

It had been the first weekend of the school year and Alexander thought back on the first days he had at collage. First of all, he had became great friends with his roommates in only a span of a week. He already considered them some of the greatest people he had ever met. But during the week he had also met the worst...

Thomas Jefferson.

Jefferson was one of his classmates from his debate class. He had fluffiest hair that Alexander had ever seen and even wore a cape(?). Despite his fancy look, his ego was bigger than the world. And he was incredibly rude to Alexander. He said things like 'he's an immigrant and immigrants don't belong here' and he described Alexander as a guy who 'smells like new money' and 'dresses like fake royalty'.

Alexander thought that Thomas was the one who dressed like fake royalty. Which was true.

The only person in the school who seemed to actually care about Thomas was James Madison. Which he questioned about. Why would anyone actually like Thomas Jefferson?

Anyway, Alexander was currently working on his debate homework, which was a speech he had to give.

It was at fifty one pages...

And he wasn't even done.

This bothered his roommates- specifically Laurens since Alexander was working WAY too hard and seemed to not have any proper breaks. The only times he took a break was when he got up to eat, go to the bathroom, or sleep (which was also rare).

Laurens tried to talk Alexander out of doing so much homework but he often said 'no'.

The conversation usually went like this:

"Take a break!"

"No, Laurens, I have to make this perfect! I'm not stopping until-"

"But you're working so hard! Too hard! Just take a break! Watch a movie with us or something."

"No."

And so on.

But today Laurens was determined to get Alexander away from his laptop. He entered his room and said, as usual,

"Take a break."

"I think you know the answer to that."

"You uncooperative jerk."

"I know, I know." He paused, "Just give me...five minutes."

Laurens wasn't having it.

He walked up to Alexander and literally picked him up from behind. He was quite light from his slightly smaller size. Alexander flailed his arms and legs around as he tried to escape. Laurens sighed and kept him secure.