10 ➳ Comfort

Wowzers, already chapter 11. That was quick.

As a gift, I present a longer chapter~

Trigger Warnings: Mental breakdowns.

||Alexander Hamilton||

:September 3rd 2016:

That week, Laurens only went to school one or two days. He felt too broken to go a full week. The only thing he could think about was the phone call he got from the hospital and the horrible feeling of his mother possibly dying. He was so scared for his mother. He loved her with all his heart and she just might leave him.

He went to visit her at the hospital every day by himself. And he became more and more distant from us the worse his mother got.

I did everything I could to comfort Laurens but he just ignored me. He would thank me sometimes, but it would be really quiet and meaningless.

Damn.

I just want to see John smiling again. I hate to see him so depressed. He's never been this sad in the three weeks I'd known him. He's usually so joyful and outgoing but now that's all gone down the drain.

And there was nothing I could do about it...

That Friday night, I had so much to think about. Exams, Eliza, John, more John, even more John...

Dammit.

I just can't think straight.

I feel so bad for John. I wish there was something I could do to help him.

But there wasn't.

I just had to sit on the sidelines and wait for things to be resolved.

I might as well drift off to sleep and hope for tomorrow to go better.

But to my surprise, my door slowly opened.

"Hmm?" I asked tiredly as I squinted my eyes at the door.

John stood in the doorway.

What? Why would he be in here this late at night?

"A-Are you awake?" He asked quietly.

"John? What are you doing in my room?" I questioned.

John looked as if he had been crying, which he had been doing a lot of lately.

"Do you mind if I, um, sleep in here? I just...really need comfort right about now. Sorry." His cheeks were slightly red. Probably from all the crying.

...

Wait, what? He wants to sleep with me?

"Oh, of course. Come here." I motioned for him to get in bed with me. He blushed and climbed into my bed next to me. We awkwardly lied across from each other until he broke the uncomfortable silence.