Prophet

That night I fell asleep thinking about Andy and how I could even probably consider him as a friend. I had a very interesting dream that night. It was kind of nightmarish. There was some kind of demon that kind of looked familiar. I was standing in the middle of a dry arid desert in the middle of the day. I looked down and I was wearing this white hospital gown, different from the one I was wearing earlier. There about 100 feet away was somebody staring at me with his arms crossed. He was wearing all black, lots of leather and chains. I recognized his face. I don't know where I had seen him before but I don't know where. He had white face paint with black streaks coming from his eyes. He had long teased hair and huge combat boots. I could hear my heart beating in my ears. The Prophet

"Who are you?!" I yelled but no answer. The Prophet started walking towards me rather quickly. What startled me was that he had these huge black angel wings that were about 10 feet across. He pulled out a knife and flicked it open. I tried to run but my feet wouldn't move. He got right up to me and pressed it to my neck. I could feel the blood dripping down my neck and I tried to scream. Why was he trying to kill me?

"Give me your soul." He whispered in my ear in a oddly seductive way. His voice put me to sleep and I felt myself start to pass out. Before the I hit the ground I woke up in a cold sweat.

"What the hell....." I whispered and tried to catch my breath.

I sat up but everyone was still asleep, it looked like the nurses were about to start getting everyone up for their vitals. I wondered about Andy. How was he sleeping? Did he have a weird dream like I did? At breakfast it was so awkward to see him. He came over with his tray of food and sat across from me at the end of the table.

"Good morning Harley" he smiled taking a bite of breakfast.

I smiled and just moved my eggs around my plate not looking at him.

"Goodmorning Andy" I said

"Did you sleep well?" He asked eating more

"Yeah actually. First time in awhile" I said avoiding the topic

I stared at him, I couldn't stop imagining him like he was in my dream, the dark lustful eyes that were locked onto me. I shivered slightly.

"I had this crazy ass dream actually" he laughed a little.

My eyes widened and I kind of stopped breathing for a second.

"About?..." Oh god what if we were like having the same dream

"So there was this bird,and it like kept chasing me wanting my Doritos, I dunno man, it was weird" he giggled.

I let out a sigh and my stomach then allowed me to eat a bit.

Later that morning I was sitting on my normal couch where I always was sitting at about 10am every day. Andy had his consultation with the doctor. I felt so sorry for that poor kid. They probably will put him on some kind of antidepressant and it will probably affect him. I was thinking about my dream when I heard the door open to my left where the doctors offices were. I saw Andy walk out with a nurse behind him.

"Andy?" I saw that he was upset. He turned away and kept walking to the other side of the room.

I chased after him worried of what happened. The doctors were not the nicest and they didn't like the new guys.

"Andy! Tell me what's wrong..." I sat next to him. He had his head buried in his hands.

"There is something seriously wrong with me apparently"

"What do you mean..."

"Dreams, Harley. I've been having these dreams."

"What kind of dreams?"

"The devil. But it's not.....the devil really. He's like a demon of some kind."

I paused for a second thinking of some kind of response that I could think of.

"You may think I'm crazy but....I have a dream about a demon too.

"He had me Harley. He was going to kill me." Andy was practically sobbing at this point.

"Did he have long black hair and war paint and....and wings?" I asked

"Yeah."

"You better not tell anyone about this." I said and went to talk to the nurse.

I fell asleep kind of worried about Andy. I hoped he wouldn't believe what the doctors told him.