Chapter Thirty Five

hooray for monsta x - beautiful (acoustic ver.)

for giving me inspiration in making this chapter :))

-

You walked to school with a blank expression.

Junyung and Mina noticed you were walking alone. They walked towards you, "Hey, y/n. You look upset." Junyung looked at you.

You shook your head, "I just have a lot in my mind, that's all." You gave them a reassuring smile, continuing to walk. They both looked at each other, shrugging.

You spotted a familiar figure, you squinted your eyes, trying to see who it was. 

It was Jungkook, and he was with Taehyung.

The two of them were walking towards school, you kept looking at them. Watching every move they made. 
-

Taehyung laughed, "Come on, you used to be all smart and stuff." He smiled brightly at the boy. Jungkook rolled his eyes, "I have no time for jokes, hyung."

He laughed, ruffling the boy's dark brown hair. Jungkook couldn't help but smile at his hyung.
-

You wanted to approach Jungkook, but you decided to wait.

Mina nudged you with her shoulder, "Are you really alright?" She whispered. You nodded, giving her your brightest smile.
-

You arrived inside your classroom and Jungkook wasn't on his seat. You placed your bag on top of your desk and sat down. You waited for Jungkook to arrive, but he never came.

The bell rang and he hasn't entered the classroom. Miss Smith was doing a roll call and she noticed Jungkook didn't answer. "Jeon?" She turned towards you. 

"y/n," she took off her glasses, you raised your eyebrows, "Y-Yes, miss Smith?" 

She sighed, "Where is Jungkook?" You shrugged, "I-I don't know, miss—"

"Well, yesterday he was caught skipping classes. Since he is your partner, I'm holding you responsible." Your eyes widened, "W-What? B-But miss Smith—"

"Don't you dare talk back." She faced the board and started writing. No words escaped your mouth, you didn't have time to rant about miss Smith. The only thing in your mind was Jungkook.
-

The second the bell rang, you quickly stood up and left your classroom. You walked around school, trying to find Jungkook. You bumped into Ji Hee, "What do you think you're doing?" She folded her arms, glaring at you.

You simply ignored her, continuing to walk. She scratched the back of her head, "Aish, that girl."

You continued walking, looking at every corner you can. Jungkook wasn't even on the rooftop. He was nowhere to be seen.

You sat down by the rooftop, looking down. You clenched your fists tight, you felt tears coming, but you chose to stop them.

Your POV,

I miss his jokes. I miss his warm, cozy hugs. I miss him teasing me. I miss him.

I just..want to talk to him, face to face.

I have no one. No one, but myself. It hurts me. I remember arguing with Jungkook about me wishing I never met him.

But..ever since I met him, my life..changed. In a good way.

I felt myself feeling slightly determined, I looked at my fists and it was clenched tightly. 

I know where to find him.
-