Chapter 1 redone

The first clue that I was in a different world was when I had opened my eyes to a thatched roof above my head. Thinking I was dreaming, I closed my eyes for a moment before opening them again, seeing that same roof. I could have sworn I had fallen asleep at my parents' house because I remembered falling asleep on an old hospital mat, which my mom had picked up at a yard sale. Woken up on a mattress, where I was feeling small pin pricks all over the back of my body, I felt something in between my fingers. Grabbing a hold of it, I pulled up, lifting it above my head. "Is that a feather?" I wondered. Sitting up, I pushed the blanket off of me, taking a good look at the bed. I was sitting on a feather mattress with one of the most beautiful, dark stained, old wood bed frames. The headboard was medium in size. Intricate knots were engraved along the frame of it, to add to the beauty of the bed. Looking around the room, I expected my parents were trying to pull a surprise on me. They were never any good at it. As I was looking around, I wasn't seeing any of the office stuff that I knew was in the office that I had fallen asleep in. The only items that I was seeing was a small table with a candle that was burned down to the wick and a double door six-foot tall armoire. It was also dark stained wood with intricate knots engraved along each of the door frames.

"Okay, this is so weird. Having to sleep in my mom's office, I know I had fallen asleep at my parents' house." Even my voice sounded off. Moving back into my parents' house, I brought a few of my things like clothes, my PlayStation 2, TV, and a few other small things. I didn't see any of it.

I swung my legs to get out of bed. Thankfully I was wearing my pajamas from when I fell asleep. Walking over to the armoire I was hoping there were no out-of-date clothes like how this room felt like I had been thrown back in time. I opened the doors to it, with my eyes closed. Praying let there be my clothes, let there be my clothes. I opened one eye and started jumping for joy. My clothes. There were three pairs of jeans, three T-shirts, a tank top, three long sleeve shirts, and two body length coats. One was a fur coat, while the other was a trench coat, built for the rain and the chilly summer nights. I know for sure that I had never owned one of those before. I look down at the bottom, and there was an old drawstring traveling bag. When I picked it up there was a little bit of weight to it. I opened it to take a look inside. There was a sleeping bag packed with it. From the look of it, it was meant to sleep on, seeing that I made a mental note to pack the blanket that was on the bed.

After removing the travel bag I noticed a hidden compartment. I felt for the latch and once opening it up I looked inside and found my undergarments. As I was pulling them out I came across my decorative dagger that my friend had given me a few years back. I had kept the dagger out of sight because my mom was not a big fan of weapons. I had a feeling that she knew about it but didn't say anything. Moms have a way of knowing things. I pulled the dagger out of its sheath, it was no longer the dull edge blade that I had always seen. I was looking at the sharpest-edged blade that I have ever seen. It had become the perfect tool to use for cutting. Putting the dagger down, I took another look to see if there was anything else in the compartment. Reaching in, I felt leather. Grabbing ahold of it I pulled out a plain dark brown leather belt with a loop that seemed to be for made for a knife or dagger. I slipped my dagger into the loop to test my theory and it fit without losing its sheath.

I decided to get dressed. Grabbing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt also my undergarments. I was a little worried about if they were going to fit or not. I wasn't too worried about my small items, but as I was putting on the jeans, they ended up fitting in all the right places. I was shocked at that, I've never had a pair of jeans that actually fit me. Putting on the t-shirt was the same as the jeans. Taking the dagger out of the belt to put on the belt, I put it on the bed while I grab the rest of the clothes from the armoire. I decided to put everything into the travel bag. I had to figure out what was going on. Why not take the things that were provided for me. I slipped the dagger back into belt before folding the blanket to place it into the bag as well.