Chapter 6 redone

"Thanks again for saving us. I wouldn't believe that it was you if I hadn't seen you with my own eyes. You are defiantly more at home here than I have ever seen you." Valerie smiled at me.

I smiled at her. "No problem, I have always been a bit overprotective of my friends. Back home I couldn't much because I was never in shape and I didn't like exercise." I stuck my tongue out at her. "I knew better than to let either Mason or you get into too much danger." I winked at her. "Now I don't think I'm going to need that place to stay, to get out of my parents' place anymore."

"True." Valerie nodded her head. "It's more like everyone now has to find a way back home."

"I'll agree to that." I paused then looked at Jessie. "Hey Jessie, if my memory serves me right, Valerie told me you were in the military a few years ago?"

"Yeah..." He said questionably. "What about it?"

"Well..." I paused to think about my words to say. "I was thinking that maybe I could ask you to be my General right along with my General of the Dragon Knights. Something tells me we are going to be here for a while and I'm going to need someone I trust to lead." I smiled at him letting him know I meant what I said. "My General of the Dragon Knights doesn't have any military experience but he does know how to train Dragon Knights. He also fights right beside me when I need him. I'm going to need someone like you that has military experience to help me out on protecting everyone so we can all go home. Brent is my General's name he is out searching for other Dragon Knights as we speak so I am not aware of what the other Dragon Knights have experience in but I have no doubt that I am able to trust them with my life. It is their code of honor and way of life. I would need you to help with coming up with ways to train everyone and coming up with a way to protect people that are just trying to live somewhat of a normal life."

"That is a good idea. But what about people like first responders for any the everyday actives?" He asked pointing out a good point. I knew then I picked right.

"That is a good point. I hadn't even thought of that yet." I laugh a little. "Though I do think that will fall on everyone who was one back home or even wanted to become one. Magic will play a part in it a well. And hopefully, it will help out the process in the long run. There will be people who will travel during our time here. For example, my brother Scott and Kimberly will be most likely one of the ones that travel. I will be traveling a lot myself because of my role and rank but I will have a stationary place for people to come to me for help on things that only I will be able to handle." My shoulders dropped a little on that train of thought. "Thankfully I won't be the only one that will stay there. My whole group will be behind me. But for now, they are out and about looking for other like I am."

"That does make sense," Jessie nodded his head in agreement, "It would be better to have everyone together first before we open up schools of any type of training faculties." He said making another good point.

"See..." Jessie looked at me questionably. "It's comments like that right there that make me glad I'm asking you to be my general. Thankfully I have a strong feeling that the oldest person or people will be thirty-five years old. But at the same time, the age is not what we have to worry about. I have a feeling that even the criminals. We need to do what we can do for now and as fast as we can. I am hoping that the people who have an idea about what is going on will help out as much as they can until we have order. Would you please search for people as well? I know you want to protect Valerie and Mason, and also find your little boy too." I let a little bit of pleading come into my voice. "I know I am asking a lot. But could you at least think about it for me?"

Jessie looked at me like I was crazy for asking that last question. "After what you just did! I wouldn't mind at all in helping you in any way you need. I would be honored to serve as your general. You saved our lives! I have a new friend here," He patted AndreTanarg on the head, "that I have no doubt in my mind that I won't have any problem in doing what you have asked of me."