Chapter 12

"Knight! Knight!" Ragoth blew a strong spiral of heat towards Thomas. "Wake up!" She said it a little louder trying not to wake everyone up.

"Huh?" Thomas asked groggily as he woke up. He looked outside and noticed the rain was still pouring down. The clouds were almost as dark as night with the morning light trying to pour through. "What's wrong Ragoth?" His voice still had sleep in it as he wasnt fully awake.

"The sun is up but My Lady is not. I cannot seem to reach her even through our link. It is making me worry that something is wrong." She said. Ragoths concern was vibrating through the ground below Thomas feet.

Thomas woke up fully on hearing that. He automatically reached for Tami through their connection and felt a void. He stood up, speaking to Ragoth on his way to where Tami lay. He noticed Kimberly and Scott were in similar states. "I'll check on her. It seems like Kimberly and Scott are out of it as well. With those two in the same state as Tami it is most likely the rain that has knocked them all out cold." He said to her while walking over to Tami and keeping an eye on her. He squatted down to check her pulse and to make sure she was breathing. He breathed a sigh of relief. Tami had a steady pulse and her breathing was slow and steady, which indicated that she was out cold and sleeping. "She is okay." He stood up checked both Kimberly and Scott, they were the same way as Tami. "It looks like because of their type of magic the rain has knocked them out."

Ragoth sighed, her whole body relaxed. She didnt even realize that she was so on edge. "Thank you, Knight."

"No problem. It"

He started to say something else when David asked, "Why do I feel extra charged?" He was sitting straight up. A lightning strike had just lit up the hut.

Thomas looked at David and could see that his power was active. You could see small electrical currents running up and down his arms. "That is because of the storm. Your power reacts to lightning in the air. Magic is funny like that. Everybody's power reacts differently. Because of my connection to the earth, I feel the storm raging through the trees and feel the earth rumble each and every time when lightning hits the ground." Thomas paused and turned to respond to Ragoth. "Ragoth, you most likely won't be able to contact Tami at all until this storm is gone. With both her and Kimberly out of commission, I'll be watching over everyone until they wake up. We won't move until then either. However, I dont really believe we could move if we wanted to. He said the last part as an afterthought not really talking to anyone at that point. Ragoth would you help with protecting us and the horses as well?" Thomas asked even though he knew she would, he wanted to at least hear her say that she would.

I will guard My Lady till my last breath, Knight." Ragoth responded.

"I'll take that as a yes," Thomas said letting go of his breath that he didn't know he was holding.

The next scene Ragoth showed me was Thomas trying to keep the door from flying off. As the wind blew so hard, both Billy and Mark were striving to pull back the door using their power. That was an excellent way to have them practice strength within their element. Once the door was back in place Ragoth sat in front of the door to keep it from doing that again. She sent a wave of heat into the hut to dry everyone off. So no one would get sick from the rain. She glanced over at the horses that were lying down and noticed they had lost a few trees due to that last wind gust. She called on her magic to pull more trees to help cover them. Then, she called forth vines to tie them together in hopes that they would stay against any strong wind gust.

She overheard Mark talking to Thomas. I wish I could ask Tami why I am feeling a pull from the direction the storm is coming from.

What type of pull are you feeling? Thomas asked. She could hear the curiosity in his voice.