~4~

You are sitting at your favorite tavern, having a great time with your friends, laughing and joking about whatever tickles your fancy. You laugh uproariously at something your friend says and suddenly spot a man walking towards you. 

The man looks middle-aged and has very little hair, but has a friendly face and kind plump features.

"May I help you, grandfather?" You say in the traditional greeting to an elder. Your friends say their goodbyes and take their leave. You wave to the man and invite him to sit in the now-empty chair. Gratefully, he obliges. 

"My name is Friar Paul," He introduces himself. "I'm the friar at the church down the road. Are you by any chance YN the Gifted? You fought in the war against the Alarians with King Kelio?"

"That would be me." You give a gracious smile. Friar Paul clasped his hands together like in prayer. 

"Thank goodness." He exclaimed. "I desperately need your help." Looking around, he leans in closer, his fat belly brushing the tabletop. 

"Recently, there have been a series of robberies in the town." The Friar whispered. "Each time, the thief had vanished without a trace. I'm afraid that my church would be next. So I need you to watch my church, just for a couple days, until the town guard gets back from their trip."

He leans back in his chair and exhales softly. "Granted, it's not the most glamorous job, not half as glamorous as fighting in His Majesty's army, but it's pretty easy, and I have a little money."

Friar Paul looks at you pleadingly. What do you say?

If yes, go to Chapter 10.

If no, go to Chapter 11.