Wishes

(The photo above is something I drew, and I just wanted to show it off a little. I'm really proud of it. I know it isn't perfect, but I like it so, yeah.

Edit: I just realized I never told you all who this is. Haha, it could of been anyone. It's supposed to be Camila—I say supposed to because I'm not that good at art but ehh.

Okay! Byeee, got to write.)

--

I finally finish washing the last dish, placing it in the dishwasher and drying my hands. I yawn loudly as I walk over to the couch. As I'm walking, I look out the glass backdoor. Millions of stars glitter in the sky, making the black not seem so lonely. Without ripping my eyes from the stars, I sit down, criss-cross, and gaze out the window on the hardwood floor.

"Camila?" I hear Charlotte ask from inside the living room. "Where'd you go?"

The sound of pattering feet comes around the couch. A small giggle comes from Charlotte when she sees me. She walks over, sitting in my lap and placing her hands in her lap.

"Hi." She says, looking up at my face. "What are you doing?"

"Looking at the sky." I respond, not daring to look away from the moon.

"Why?" Charlotte crinkles her nose, straightening her head to gaze up at the sky as well. "What do you see?"

"What do you see?" I echo her question in an ominous tone.

"I see bright circles of light." Charlotte replies simply, shrugging. "I like to think the circles are smiling at me." She rubs her chin with her index finger. "I like to think everything is smiling at me."

"I see every single feeling, every thought, every fear." I whisper, staring up in awe.

"That doesn't make sense." Charlotte remarks.

"Well, think of it this way." I start, looking down at the little girl in my lap. "Sometimes, when people have a problem that they can't handle anymore, they need to tell someone. But, maybe, they don't trust anyone enough to confide their thoughts in them, so who do they tell? They tell the moon and the stars."

Charlotte's awestruck eyes are now staring up at me, as if I'm the sky. "What do they say?" She asks, blinking slowly.

"Anything." I respond, keeping my voice low. I run my fingers through Charlotte's hair, fixing it so it isn't unruly anymore. "They can say anything from their hardest emotions to their darkest thoughts. It's all what's on their mind."

I'm expecting Charlotte to ask another question, because it seems as if that's all she does, but she just continues to stare up at me with shining eyes.

"And," I continue, lifting my eyes to meet the stars. "You see, love—the stars listen. They tell the moon and the moon makes sure it glows extra bright, just to light the way if it's too dark for you to handle. But sometimes, the stars keep to themselves. Any wishes or hopes said, they keep, making them sparkle just a little more."

"Have you ever had to speak with the stars and moon before?" Charlotte inquires, lowering her head and raising her gaze to look up at the stars again.

"Many times." I reply honestly, dipping my head. "When I was at summer camp with Lauren, sometimes I would wake up in the night and speak with the moon." I take a deep breath. "And one night, I made the stars glow brighter."

"What did you wish for?" Charlotte asks, tilting her head upwards in curiosity.

"I wished for Lauren." I whisper, my eyes not leaving the stars. "She's all I ever wanted. I love her so much."